Noob need advice on mixing, please review my mix

isatriani

Hi Guys,

I'm still new in this mixing stuff, been reading and watch a lot tutorials on the net, tried to cover a song with friends and mix it myself, any advice or critique would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Well....You did yourself a huge favor by making it a sparse arrangement....Jazz Guitar is fine volume-wise...I think the BGV's could be up a smidge....

Not thrilled with the EQ on the flute...needs to stand out more....

Love the tone of the Vocalist....But the ad-lib at the end "Could it be Love" needs to be straightened out...Only offending notes I could hear...But needs to be re-done IMO

Nice tune...90% there

Well....You did yourself a huge favor by making it a sparse arrangement....Jazz Guitar is fine volume-wise...I think the BGV's could be up a smidge....

Not thrilled with the EQ on the flute...needs to stand out more....

Love the tone of the Vocalist....But the ad-lib at the end "Could it be Love" needs to be straightened out...Only offending notes I could hear...But needs to be re-done IMO

Nice tune...90% there

Thanks man! You're right about the bvox, I think its too far away, what was I thinkin'?! I'll try to fix it.

And about the flute eq, honestly I don't have any clue anymore about what should I do to make it better, any suggestions? Thanks again man, all this feedbacks really helps a lot! Cheers!

Back