New song mixed - feedback would be appreciated

rweiss

We've released a series of new songs over at www.rta.ssxh.net - I wanted to post the link to this one and see if I could get any feedback on the mixing quality. We're doing this all out of direct guitar recording and full set of mics for the drums into a fostex vf-16 - then transferred and mixed on the computer. Mics for drums are nady set for oh's and toms, sm57 for snare, and d112 for kick. Here's the link:

Well the band is certainly tight. Cool arrangement. Reminded me of Green Day. I was impressed with everything except the length of the song and the buzzing in the guitar at the end.

Nice job!

Hey thanks, it is our shortest song - check the other ones on the site if interested. We have one more we'll be posting withing the next week (one I like a lot)

rweiss said:
Hey thanks, it is our shortest song - check the other ones on the site if interested. We have one more we'll be posting withing the next week (one I like a lot)

I listened to most of the ones you have up. I like them. The only thing I can think is that damned buzzing in the guitar during quieter parts. It's REALLY obvious. Other than that, good stuff, good band!

Sounds like the guitar and drums are tiny and vocals are too spread for this style of music... or are they? Just some thoughts. I do agree that you guys are tight but mixwise I feel you could do better.

the vox do sound very spread..tight music.did you use a click track? though everything doesnt sound very clear. snare isnt very bright, maybe use an sm58 on bottom snare if available. not bad though.

Back