New Song: Fast Blues

Joepie

Hey all,

Gorty's new acoustic blues thread from this weekend inspired me to finish a blues tune I was doing a while ago. Lyrics are from a poem by Langston Hughes (great African American poet from the '50's). I'm not a great singer (that's an understatement) but I'm curious what you think of the guitar work.

The song is on my soundclick page

http://www.soundclick.com/6x12music

and it's called A Dream Deferred

Thanks for listening.

Joep

Oh, the equipment I used:

Epiphone les Paul into Marshall tube combo, miced by sm57
Yamaha mg 10/2 into Audiophile 24/96

Drums are simple MIDI, piano is Mda piano plugin

Nice job man!
Please consider to replace the midi drum track with some better sounding drum. I think the lead guitar at very beginning is too low.
Overall: Nice!
Keep posting!

Joepie said:
Hey all,

Gorty's new acoustic blues thread from this weekend inspired me to finish a blues tune I was doing a while ago. Lyrics are from a poem by Langston Hughes (great African American poet from the '50's). I'm not a great singer (that's an understatement) but I'm curious what you think of the guitar work.

The song is on my soundclick page

http://www.soundclick.com/6x12music

and it's called A Dream Deferred

Thanks for listening.

Joep

Oh, the equipment I used:

Epiphone les Paul into Marshall tube combo, miced by sm57
Yamaha mg 10/2 into Audiophile 24/96

Drums are simple MIDI, piano is Mda piano plugin

Hey joepie,

I like the nice smooth tone of your melody playing guitar!..Very sweet!
The short electric/distorted solo is played very emotionally!..I love this blues style!

I think I feel another tune that is colored blue coming on!

Gorty :)

Cool tune man!I like your guitar style alot!Great bluesy phrasing behind the vocals,which also sound very nice.Diggin' this!

Thanks sikter, gorty, dogman, variaxman for the kind words. Glad you guys like my guitars. There's something about the blues that just keeps inspiring, even tho it's only three chords. Amazing, if you think about it...

I'll try turning up the lead guitar in the intro. Also, if anyone feels the need to record a real drumtrack for this song (120 bpm shuffle) and send it to me, I'd be very grateful! :)

Thanks all, for taking the time to listen

Joep

Back