New Song check it out

Hey Dip (if I may call you that )

Catchy tune

Couple of things:

The vocals sounded buried - I would drop the volume on the accoustic gtr and drums a bit.

Between the accoustic gtr and bass (and maybe even the keyboard) it sounded pretty muddy, especially on the bridge parts, which tended to cover up the vocals even more.

good tune though - just needs some clean up

mutt

Good tune and all but I'm not sure what I'm hearing. There seems to be a bit of distortion. I suppose it could be the MP3 encoding. Did you run this through some kind of "mastering" program like T-rax or the ilk? I've heard this kind of mangling from those.

Reminds me of Jack Johnson, not bad....

seems REALLY loud though....had to turn my cans way down in order to listen to it comfortably.

I felt it sounded kind of cluttered too. How do I get better seperation. I didn't run it through any kind of mastering thing. Is it in the way it was recorded?Thanks, Ned

catchy tune. I'd like to hear a little less of the same drum beat, and a tad more variation. It's kinda like level 10 to start...then level 10 in the middle...then level 10 at the end...
Thedrums, as raw as they are recorded have a problem with the crash cymbals....they really jump out in volume.
Everything was so mid-rangy, blare-y sounding, gtrs especially, it was hard to hear the vocals, and was kinda painful to listen to in headphones.

suggestions:
-maybe try introducing instruments here and there, rather than everyone plays, all the time.
-bring the drum volumes down a tad
-try and EQ your voices to sound fuller, more low end, and bring them up in volume also.
-play up parts, like the lead gtr sound (which is nice, btw), and maybe split in stereo.... a little more featured, is what I am trying to say.
-Get rid of the Bud lite...and drink the real stuff.:D

Back