New Rock/Metal Song, synths, guitar, etc...

monkeymanx

Here is a song that was wrote over a year ago and I finely got around to writing lyrics and laying down vocals. It uses Trilogy for bass running through IK Ampeg SVX. Guitars are Line 6 Guitar Port models. Drums are Jamstix 2 metal pak expansion. Anyway, I haven't recorded anything in quite some time so here it is, it's called wake up.

Wake Up(256Kbps MP3)

:eek: That was MUCH louder than the mix I was currently working on. :eek:

Note to self: Turn the monitors down before listening to anything new...

LOL. I'll be back after I go change my underwear.

The mix sounds good, I like the crunch of the rhythm guitar.

Nice tune! Cool to hear synths effectively mixed with heavy guitars and not just as a background effect.
What was the chain for the vocals? Seemed kinda brittle and peaky in top end.
Bass was pretty bangin :)

Vocals were pretty much going through Voxengo Voxformer. I probably have to adjust the settings, especially the compression. I have Sonar 7, so I may try running the vocals through that Vintage Channel Plug it comes with.

I use an AT4040 into a Firepod. I think I just need to work on the settings within voxformer.

Damn nice!!...

Good sounds, nice vox, good mix!

Sounds brighter, less muddy, and punchier than mine.
Good work.

The song really comes alive in the chorus. I think you'd get even better contrast by removing a lot of the drum fills from the verses and keep the beat steady there to build the groove, then go nuts in the chorus and breaks. I like the vocals a lot. Seems to be quite a bit of white noise there, noticeable at the end...

Music is awesome......Guitar and synth have a great mix.....Like the tone of the bass and the Chous is awesome as well.....good job.......:)

Wow, amazing sound quality and mix. Real heavy sound on the guitars - vocals arent my cup o' tea but the guitars, synths and drums sound awesome.

Thanks... The white noise is probably something in the background when I was recording vocals... Unfortunately right now my studio is an unfinished basement so that is the kind of stuff that sneaks in...

Yea, sometimes the drum fill may be a bit to much. I'm going to back it off a tad the next time I back to this one.

I think if your mixes come out muddy start inspecting those mids and low end area. That area below 250hz can add alot of boom to the mix that just over powers everything.

I don't seek out or care for this kind of music but you did a great job with the genre. Nice work! The synths seem out of place to me. I hate the double bass drum. But that's just me. The vocals work for the song. Overall, it's great. Good screaming on the vocals. I like the solo. Nice!

The synth lines make good sense in the arrangement of the intro but I'm not sure the patch does.
This is, otherwise, pretty spot on.

Back