a new original, what's up with it though..

TragikRemix

I am NOT a Gear Whore. ;)
i have an idea for a song so i put mic to geetar and tracked the bitch.

then i did it up, drums bass etc, no vox cause i cant sing good enough this week..

two mixes, one with DFH superior drums, one with real drums

real drums

fake drums

i think i need to remix the fake drums one, because theres a lil too much attack on the kick and snare maybe.

i dont know, i'm not really happy with either mix, but i'm improving since i started, especially mixing real drums. this isn't good by any means, but it is 10x better than before.

something about them sounds too, uhh, 'liquidy'.. im not sure.

also, comment on the song itself, i think its a cool riff possibly, but i dont know where to go with it for a chorus. i have words and will sing them when im not sick ;) :D

thanks guys.

Dude, the real drums are so much warmer and have a feel good flow to them, Id shitcan the e-drums and perfect the real ones.

Agreed, the one with the real drums sounds much better. Sounds pretty bass-heavy even on these small desktop speakers with the sub turned off. I'd turn it down a DB or 2, but it still sounds good.

Guitar sounds good.

:)

that makes me feel good! i'll deff work more on them now that there is some hope for it!

yes, i thought the bass was too heavy, but is it the bass guitar or kick drum? is that called a phasing issue, (i dont exactly know what phasing issues are, but this is what i hunched it was.)

The real drums. I thought for sure (before I heard them) that I would go for the samples, but the real ones are much better here.

I think it's coming from the bass guitar. It's a little too over-powering. I'd turn it down about 1-2db and see how it sounds. The actual sound of the bass is really good though so don't bury it. ;)

cool.

the bass is fake too! :)

reason combinator sound, plus some compression and eq. also, played it on a keyboard and didn't quantize it, so it's got some feel to it, and not steady like a machine.

I kinda like the rumblyness of the bass, maybe take a little bottom end out and add some treble to give it more dimention.

dfh superior. i didnt really process them, well, i didn't at all :)

i could make them sound good, but i'd rather use real drums i think.

The fake drums can sound good but the programing is alittle to "busy". Reprogram the same beat you played maybe. I always like to keep it natural though with the real drums soo do as you please as you seem to have made up your mind.

Please do post your fine tunings.
Dave

Back