New Mp3 (this time a hard rock one)

dabluesman

I've posted some dirty and clean blues/rock mp3's on here before, but here is a hard rock one for ya'll. I havent had time to burn it to a cd and play it in the car, home, work, diskman, etc.. So, the "universal" quality might vary. The bass is my P-bass through a SansAmp Bass DI which goes through a J-Station. It's my good friend playing the bass, I'm playing my Am. Std. Strat using the S.D. Lil 59'er bridge humbucker on a cranked gain Cyber-Twin setting going in direct. The drums are still the Zoom 234 but I changed it up a bit for this song and added the usual acousticverb. Oh, thats a Teese RMC-2 wah when the guitar comes in!

Hard Rock Jam

After running around the office listening to it on different computer speakers, I think I over did it on the bass drum again and I think the guitar may be a little too loud. Anyone else feel this way? Thanks!

No problem downloading the file.

I like the bass sound, although it's very upfront in the mix.

The drums sound like, a drum machine, the cymbals are harsh/high freq sounding.

I find the guitar a bit on the bassy side, needs some reduction in the 250 - 450 Hz range(and yes perhaps a touch loud). I'd double the main rhythm parts, and switch to single 3rd rhythm part under the lead section. More instrumentation, more panning, more options.

The song itself is tad repetitive. Add some lyrics, that might detract from that aspect. Sounds like a heavy blues prog to me!

Enjoyed it though!

Keep rocking, I mean bluesing... :)

Emeric already said what I would say.

I would only add that there are a LOT of bass frequencies in this mix! The kick is booming, the bass is full, and the guitar is really grungy-low. Sounds a bit like old Sabbath, frequency-wise. Not playing-wise.

Here's what I might try:

Doubling the rythmn and hard panning would allow room for the bass in the center so it wouldn't have to be so loud in the mix. Even with the same sound, even though I'd still rather hear the rythm with a bit more bite.

Then do the solo with a brighter sound and keep it in the center or pan it around a little for effect- play a phrase in one speaker then the other. Mix it up a bit (hey! that was a pun!) and the tune might not need vox to keep from feeling repetative.

Good jamming! Its been a long time since I tried to do that with my guitar. I didn't do it too well the last time I tried, either...

I made a few little changes and uploaded it last night. Mainly I added some ambience to the guitar track and got rid of some of that boomy bass. I think I'll get it right after one more remaster.

I also hear heavy blues more so than rock, but nothing wrong with that at all. You could take this as a buildup and then let it break into something more uptempo rock and I think it would be very cool. It's got a heavy groove to it, despite the drum machine. Cyber-Twin sounds good for being direct.

I don't know why exactly, but I'm just begging for it to cut loose about 3/4 of the way through and just throw down. I been listening to too much progressive metal lately I guess. :)

Back