New Industrial Metal Song - Identity War

Prospector

Hello there. I just finished my new song using virtual instruments. I need some advice about mix, volumes of each instruments and general sound quality. Thank you very much.

I might ease off on the compressor a bit. When the rhythm guitars kick in, there's nowhere for it to go, so it just stays the same level.
"If you're heavy all the time, you're not heavy at all"

Otherwise, no real nits.

I might ease off on the compressor a bit. When the rhythm guitars kick in, there's nowhere for it to go, so it just stays the same level.
"If you're heavy all the time, you're not heavy at all"

Otherwise, no real nits.

Thank you for advice. You talk about turning off compressor on rhythm guitars or other instrument ? On other headphones the rhythm guitars are to quiet and dont have too much high freq.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he means the bus compression. If so, I agree with him. This sounds circa 2003 when everything was slammed to hell. A little more dynamic range would help ease it up a bit. The tune is heavy/loud the entire time, and that leaves no room for emphasis in the guitar playing or differentiation between sections. It's just....loud. Always. Really good mix otherwise. Nice snare verb, in particular.

First of all - like the idea. It's fresh. For my ear you are pretty close to mixing it perfect. The only things I would suggest:

- The kick is massive (in the good way), but I'm not sure if theres not too much low end in it.
- The bass is rumbling too much for me
- As the previous posts - it's too "loud", theres no place for any dynamics there, it's just freaking load the whole time.
- Maybe put down synths a little? To give the guitars a little more space? But thats not a must.

I see where you are going. I would suggest mixing it similar to new Doom's soundtrack for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw

Back