New Guy

Well, I dont really get into your style but the recording quality is pretty good. I just kept picturing Davey Jones and Marsha Brady in my head when I heard it.

Thanks Top Jimmy I was hoping for an oppinion on the recording. As far as the music style, everybody can't like everything!

HI,

Sounds great, keep up the good work. My daughter liked the reverb, and the nice fade at the end. My wife liked your voice.

i personally liked "you showed me love" .. it reminded me of an old early 90's freestyle love ballad , if anyone has a clue what freestyle is.. AND I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU FLOWER SNIFFING PANZI'S IN THE CHAT ROOM THINK OF ME BECAUSE I LIKED THIS SONG.. :)..

production was pretty solid too , depending on your set up..what did you use ?

- eddie -

checked out the brit pop tune - nice work on the vocals - the organ patch could be panned to the center as it seems to be the dominant instrument - the mix feels unbalanced with it panned to the side...

the percussion samples don't have the same fx as the rest of the tune, so they sound a little out of place, I'd try giving them a little reverb wash to make them a little more consistant with the rest of the mix -

I'd beef up whatever you're using as your bass instrument a bit, the bottom end could use a little more definition.

an overall good sound though, I also would like to know what gear you're using.

...and man, I never win awards or get nominated for anything, or make the finals for jack... you have a good start...

Ed, you're such a wuss... :)

Hello Ed & Jim, Thanks for the listens.
Equipment List:
Fostex: DMT-8vl
Behringer: Autocom
Behringer: Ultafex Pro
Peavy: Deltafex EFX unit
Zoom: 1202 EFX unit
BBE: 362NR
Realistic: 10 band EQ
Sound Tech: ST5T Monitors
Lost in Love was my first recording done on a Tascasm Porta-One, then transferd to the fostex.
ABC Rock was tracked on the Porta-One(music)Then mixed to the fostex where I added the vocals. Everything else was done on the fostex. Everything gets tracked through the BBE, even if I don't use the process mode I always use the noize reduction. Also I use the BBE on my EFX units to enhance tone and reduce signal noize.(usually frequent with the lower-end EFX units). I'm still trying to learn how to properly use compression. The Autocom helps a lot there. Most of my other toys are old and need upgrading like my dime store casio. No matter what I try It still sounds cheezy. Also I dont have anything to master to yet so I dump it into mt computer via MusicMatch. Crude but It works. Thanks for asking guys.

Back