new gear= new recording

musical5

This is a very quick recording with no emphasis on the production what so ever. I just bought a Great River MP1-NV and needed to test it to see if it could handle acoustic style music. The thing makes electric guitar sound larger than life but thats not what I record most of the time. What do you guys think about the sound quality of this recording. Let me know.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~musical5/

"Tomorrows Hope" is the new one.

Thanks,
Justin

I dont know what a Great River MP1-NV is??

As far as the recording quality goes this sounds great I like the tune and I like the guitars and percusion. Some of the timing is a little suspect but you're not asking for comment in that area

Matt,

The MP1-NV is a mic pre. There are lots of small timing issues in the recording. They were all one takes.

Thanks,
Justin

Sounded pretty good overall on my crappy H/K's here at work, ...ah, I mean "home."

There appeared to be some repetative tinny-sounding artifacts coming from the left side, but not from the right. I don't hear the sound when I play other acoustic music here at work, doh! ...I maen "home," so perhaps it could just be an EQ issue or something?

-Mr. Moon

Back