Need some tracks, collaboration anyone?

I thought I would try collaborating on a fairly simple song to try it out. I'm doing a remake of "Money" (Beatles type version, not Pink Floyd).

One musician I know has sent me a guitar track, and another is working on some bass. Would like to see if anyone here would like to try a vocal, or some piano/organ/whatever!

This is a rough mix, with me singing poorly. The vocal is panned right so you can pan it left and try singing without the vocal.

Here's the link to have a listen:

Thanks! BTW, tempo is 125. Import it and snap it to a line and it should be in time with your metronome.

Wow........

Definately not what I imagined... sounds like Iggy Pop on vocals, Robby Krieger on guitar, kind of 60's reverby production. Wild!

What I actually had in mind was someone sending me a vocal track alone to add to my mix, but this was interesting to hear, cool!

I registered on that site the previous poster mentioned, so I'll see what other responses I get.

Re: Wow........

schenkerguy said:
Definately not what I imagined... sounds like Iggy Pop on vocals, Robby Krieger on guitar, kind of 60's reverby production. Wild!

What I actually had in mind was someone sending me a vocal track alone to add to my mix, but this was interesting to hear, cool!

I registered on that site the previous poster mentioned, so I'll see what other responses I get.

I had a feeling it wasn't exactly what you were looking for. :) I use a different format than most here. I record on a Yamaha AW4416 Hard disk recorder. I'm not sure it file shares with the computer stuff that most here use.

Had fun jammin to your drums though.

later

It felt kinda good to hear one of those old tunes brought back. 'many a time heard that one. It has a lot of possibilities. :)

Thanks. You know... I put that shaker on there... and it almost killed my right arm. I play drums among other things.... but on drums you just hit one way and the drums stop your hit. A shaker you have to stop it both ways. I was dying by the time that 3 and a half minutes was over.

Back