Need an opinion

buckshot plevna

Hi, I have some very amateur recordings of my band up on mp3.com, just wondering if anybody would care to give us some advice on improving our studio techniques, sound, and even if you guys think the songs are good. Bear in mind, at the time, our recording knowledge was limited, and I do understand that these are poor quality. I'm just looking for some feedback that's all. If you want to bash me go ahead, if you want to praise me, that's fine too. Anyways check us out

www.mp3.com/buckshot_plevna

Listenend to "Sleeping Through." I liked the little bass line. The tune was nice enough. Especially catchy chorus (needs to be in tune though).

Some execution things with the vocals... Love the double tracking on the lead. Some people don't like it so much, but I do. Gotta watch the syncing with the tracks - check out the word "before" at about :31. Even minor ones like the word "more" at :23 need to be watched. Punch-ins work well at fixing these things.

Some pitch and other performance issues with the harmony vocals. I'd work at tightening them up.

What's with that guitar solo? Major clipping going on with the drums at 2:04.

I'll bet other people can offer more advice.

Again, a catchy tune. Keep working at it.

tempo?

The tempo is a little sketchy at around 1:30 to 1:45...maybe its just me. Sounds like it speeds up and slows down a bit, but I've had about 7 beers at the moment..........;P

Listened to "my own side". I like the song. The vocals sound especially good. Sound good for "very amateur" recordings.
The distortion is a little messy when it comes in. I think if you used a gate you could tighten it up a little bit and get rid of some of the fret noise.

-nilbog

Hi there:

Please tell me why I should listen to your recordings. (Bear with me here, I'm not a complete asshole normally, but I'll be one today for the sake of experiment). I mean, since you posted this tune, how many others have you offered opinions on?

You could tell me to get bent, but I really REALLY just want a serious answer to the question, lol. Why should I listen?

thanks for putting up with my weirdness for today and today only, lol.

Nilbog said:
I have access to the "custom avatar" language, even though I have fewer posts than that chrisharris asshole
Hey Nil, how did you do the avatar thing..."too cool by half"

?

Kramer said:
LOL..Im not gonna listen!!!!!!!!Bwahahahahaha!

Fu** the mp3.com charts.
That's my question...I mean, do they hand out money for that or what?...lol.

Good to see your tune back, K. :D :D

I will listen again. Maybe you'll chart again?

chrisharris said:
That's my question...I mean, do they hand out money for that or what?...lol.

Good to see your tune back, K. :D :D

I will listen again. Maybe you'll chart again?

LOL.I dont know what the deal is with those charts at mp3.com but I say fuck em.LOL.......which tune are you talking about being back?"Hypnotized"?I uploaded a re-mix of it for Lt. Bob the other day.Im keeping my fingers crossed that he'll be so kind as to put some killer horns on it sometime in the near future.:D

Back