Need everyone's ears again...

R

RAMI

I always say I'm not going to post for a while, but then I finish a song and remind myself how much better it will probably be once I get the usual great feedback I get here. So, I'll understand if you're all sick of me posting a new song every few days, but if you do take the time and listen and give me feedback , it is always much appreciated. I started this tune yesterday, did all the music, wrote the lyrics today and just finished tracking the vocals now. You guys always give me great advice, so any comments are appreciated.

LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE

Another great song Rami... keep 'em comin' we love 'em...never can get too much of a good thing...

Man, you play (and sing) everthing so well. But if I had to pick, my favorite still has to be your drumming - really top shelf.

The chucka chucka guitar sound is cool too...BTW what are you using for guitar and amp for this?

I like this line....
"You got to practice what you preach every day but don't you practice preaching anything to me"

G

Great song! I love the guitars and the vocals! Awesome, awesome. I really love that guitar sound, nice and warm, yet still crunchy. Its got a almost meaty aspect to it too. Its awesome!! Great job!

i really dug thisg, found it real catchy..great playing..especially liked the drum playing wise.. real solid.. vocals sound nice and fit real well in the mix... no real suggestions mix wise from me, but i really enjoyed the song

take care
gary

RAMI said:
I always say I'm not going to post for a while, but then I finish a song and remind myself how much better it will probably be once I get the usual great feedback I get here. So, I'll understand if you're all sick of me posting a new song every few days, but if you do take the time and listen and give me feedback , it is always much appreciated. I started this tune yesterday, did all the music, wrote the lyrics today and just finished tracking the vocals now. You guys always give me great advice, so any comments are appreciated.

LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE

Kinda got a little Spin Doctors thing going on here.. This is a fun tune!!! My advice here is "never mix the same day you track"... You've mostly on the money, but something about the mix sounds hasty. It may be the hard guitar panning, (which I swear, I'll NEVER get used to, even though it seems to be quite in vogue lately) I'm not sure. It sounds like there's sort of a hole in it, psychoacousticallly. Hard to pin down what it is though. I liked the movement in the field of the first soloing guitar. Your drum and guitar chops make me wanna puke, ya stud. :) Really enjoyable piece, you astound me with you prolific you are, yet none of this barrage of songs has been crap! You have quite a gift, I'm glad you appreciate it. I'd like to take a shot at a mix on this one!!

What a great performance. The L and R gtrs are well balanced in panning and tone, where each stands out without competing for space. Hot gtr solo at 2:32, might sound cool to keep it very short and switch to a drum solo at 2:42. Might have a big impact to spotlight the drumming and have everything else just drop out for a passage. Just a thought.

Tim

Hey Rami, guess what???? Come on, you're not gonna believe it....

Sorry, the SoundClick server is temporarily down for maintenance. Please check back in one hour. We apologize for the inconvenience.
unusual, huh??
It's ok though. I'm just so tired of listening to well done music anyway. :p

Man you pump out the good tunes like a machine, a Rami machine (whatever that means :confused: )

I hear the spin doctors in there too. Very catchy and lively sounding track.

Yeah this is a great performance... tight playing, nice guitar sound, good song, good mixing as far as these "mixing challenged" ears go. Can't make any suggestions this time around, I personally think you hit this one on the bullseye ;)

Dogman said:
I'm just so tired of listening to well done music anyway. :p

Speaking of well done music, my techno ska song with animals (you've already heard it) is setting new soundclick standards... 83 plays, 0 Downloads. LOL!

WOW! Thanx guys, all of you. I appreciate the compliments and the suggestions, and as usual, they're good suggestions.

Ido, I have an old Strat that was switched to a lefty since I'm a little gauche. I go through a Yamaha DG STOMP and into the power amp of a Peavey Studiomaster that I use the speaker for. I mic that with a sm57 and that's it. I've worked alot on my guitar sound since I started posting here and the biggest factor in helping it improve was nothing other than mic placement. I haven't changed much of anything else, but can't believe how much half an inch makes in moving a mic.

Phil, I think I was the one that said "Remember kids, don't mix right after tracking", so you're right. Listening to it this morning, everything is obvious to me. It needs a re-mix for sure. And for that matter, I need to re-sing some parts that sound a bit too robotic. You find the guitars too panned. I never am too sure what to do with that. I have them at 9 and 3 o'clock. Maybe I should move them in a bit to 10 and 2? I'll re-mix from scratch and see what happens.
Tim, Funny you say that. Once again, your ears and sense of music amaze me. I struggled with the end of that solo. I tried different things. Cutting short and taking a bar out, etc..I'm going to simply try droppoing everything and letting the drums go. You never know, it might be the answer.
Thanx guys, will be re-mixing this today with fresh ears.

Finally got to listen.....very uplifting song, actually. Just has a very happy mood to it. All sounds are pretty damn nice, as usual. Very tight.
Ed

Thanx Doggie....Nice to see someone remembered to turn on the light switch at Soundcrap this morning.

Wonder where Nakatira is. Not just so he can listen to my tune, just in general. I'm used to having him around here, I miss him. He's probably mixing down the EP.

RAMI said:
Thanx Doggie....Nice to see someone remembered to turn on the light switch at Soundcrap this morning.

Wonder where Nakatira is. Not just so he can listen to my tune, just in general. I'm used to having him around here, I miss him. He's probably mixing down the EP.
Yeah, I saw a post the other day about having something to do. Guess he's just GOOFING off..... :D

RAMI said:

Nak airlines said he's going away for a few days, but he'll be back of course. You're right, it's not the same around here without him

sounded good til 1:25 then the music stopped. I don't know if it's soundclick or problems with the streaming. What i heard sounded nice and raw. Nice power pop :).

AAAHHH! Were you using SOUNDCLICK's player? That place is really going downhill. When they do manage to be online, you can't even play a tune. Sorry about that, but thanx for listening and for the comments.

RAMI< I see your high rep rating up there but I think I'd listen up to your trax anyway. Damn, you think you TIGHT? Well you RIGHT! Damn. I don't listen to none softer rock s*ht and you woulndn't fine me bumping this in my car where is the heavier bass but I can feel the groove you are trying to get at here. I THINK YOURE USING hammerhead rhythm station for you grooves here. THe acoustic drum samples. I think you can swap out that pack with the jungle or COOLHOP back for more bass and s*it.

RAMI<Im droppin a thread lter this week with some underground *shit, I'll rpviate message yhou when I do. Peace out.

The bomb...thanx...I think. To be honest, I didn't catch most of that. If I understood you right, you think I should turn up the bass??? I'll take that into consideration, you may be right.
I have no idea what you were talking about when reffering to my rep rating, but anyway.
Also, NO, I'm not using ANY DRUM LOOPS, my friend. I don't even know what HAMMERHEAD is. I'm playing all the instruments myself. Real instruments that one has to actually play, that's what I do. Don't tell me, you do hip-hop, right? Just a wild guess.
But I guess I'll take the fact that you thought I was using drum loops as a compliment on my drumming.
Thanx

(I think)

Last edited:
The__Bomb said:
RAMI<Im droppin a thread lter this week with some underground *shit, I'll rpviate message yhou when I do.

Um, yeah,,,you do that. :eek:

lbanks said:
Hey, man! Why haven't you got a contract, yet? This should be on commercial radio. Good job.

Man, thanx for dat. I guess I'm not much of a business man. And I spend all my time making music. Wanna manage me? hehe. :D

Back