naughty words

James HE

a spoonfull weighs a ton
Maybe I should censor the bad word out but for now....

I haven't had the time to work on much lately, but I'm hiding away in my apartment for the holiday weekend- rommies gone! horray!! I've posted snipits of this tune before, I finally got around to tracking the vocals today. I should probably slave over it a little more, but I think the arrangement may change a little and I'd end up re-recording it anyways.

So what do you guys think. It all needs work (of course)

visit my i-drive
www.idrive.com
username: jamushe (yes, that's with a U)
song: perfect crime.

If i can ever get ahold of the Col. I'm defintly going to retrack the bass for this in a few places.

Let 'er rip :)

-jhe

Sounds good. Sorta long. Interesting guitar sounds at the beginning. Bass volume was low but I was listening on little PC speakers. Sounds like something worth investing more time in. I'd say shorten it, but who am I? Good voice. Keep up the good work. I wonder why I can save some mp3's and can't save others, like this one?

If you're worried about accessibility, then the 7 and half minute length would be a bigger issue. It could go or stay, I guess; your call.

There are a couple of quick dropouts on the file I DLed, but it sounds pretty good. I'd like to hear a tasteful second guitar added. Something that doesn't follow the vocs in the "verse", and maybe a different voicing on the chord stuff to fill it up a bit. I liked the bridge: real open... lots of room for subtle stuff there. Of course, I'd overproduce everything I touch, if I had the time.

The dropouts are my CPU getting overloaded :( This is defintly an early version I guess- the arrangement will probably change and shorten as the band plays it more- I do tend to be a little lenghty- I'm considering cutting out the "Monkey see..." dridge part, but who knows...

-jhe

Wouldn't ya know... I liked the "monkey see" part. Maybe a little heavy handed with the delay on the vocs, but that was the section I meant when I said the "bridge". It just seems like there's so much you could do in that part, and I liked the feel when it returned to the opening progression from there.

As for the dropouts, can you process the mix "offline", or are the dropouts on the tracks themselves?

Keep at it.

I too liked the monkey part...there's almost a first bridge starting at about 2:20 when the bass does its thing, then the guitar leading into the Simon Sez verses, just an idea, 'cause I know how hard it is to cut parts of a tune, that maybe could be shortened....the intro of the song was cool, but it too could be maybe shortened just a tad...if it's worked right the overall integrity of the song wouldn't be lost by the cuts....playing/vocals/mix all great..glad idrive is alive again......gibs

Back