my Punk Song

sandwiches

hi...

this one is straying from my usual style of music. never really wrote punk before. but it was really fun writing it.

this is just the first mixdown, with the basic instruments. vocals, bass, guitars, drums etc.

just wondering if i can get opinions about

(1) my vocals... am i punk enough?
(2) my lyrics... are they abusive and stupid enough for punk?
(3) drums... do they sound any good?
(4) guitars... what do u think of the tone?
(5) guitars... im thinking of adding a lead in there... any idea? i've tried giving it a bluesy sorta guitar lead, but it strays from the punk... and i really want this song to just be "punk"
(6) mix... haven't given this much thought, as i've just put all the instruments together. but any advice on that front?

anyway... this song is pretty much just for fun but it would be interesting to hear from what you guys think of it.

thanks

Lyrics are pretty lame for a punk song but the over-all volume is so low I can hardly hear the song.

My first impressions are that the kick is way to loud, and the bass sounds like crap. guitars need to be more up front, and the vocals in the back just a little.

I am really new at this, so take this with a grain of salt:

1) I think the guitar tone is really good. You may want to bring them up a little bit in mix.
2) The vocals fit the genre, but might benefit from a small boost in the lower end (maybe a db at 120Hz and one at 240Hz)? This will round them out without taking too much away from the cut through on the higher end. Watch out that you don't compete with the bass too much.
3) Some people may disagree, but I hear the Smiths in this song.

Good job

Sk8

Back