My ode to the Mp3 Mixing Clinic

gtrs sound pretty good... the kick sounds like doo doo.. vocals sound pretty good too.

the mix seems like it has the basement reverb to it... whether good or bad...

Good tune man. The drum rolls got a little busy for my likeing, and seemed like you were having to rush the words in the chorus parts...a little. Good tune man!

Any suggestions for a better bass drum sound, or should I record it again. The last time I recorded the beater side of the drum, I don't have a hole on the front head.

To find a spot to mic the kick move your ear around the front side of the drum until you hear what you want and try different mics on that spot.

I never forget a cool song. You posted this several months back, right? Seems like I remember it being a tad slower...and more "live" in the previous version.

Anyway, I still like the tune...I'd like more reverb on the vocal, but I'd like more reverb on just about everything.

just 2 things I would do differently:
I would slowly fade-in the left guitar or at least start it later
and alterate a bit the vocals(higher) at the ref-part.
personally, I would try that, but hence I don't know if my ver would be better...

cheers!

I remember this one.Guitars could jump out a little more to really punch you in the face at the chorus.Like your drum sound.Vox sounds kereoke-ish but it works.

Back