my newest radio rock song!

Mix is pretty loud and powerful. Piano makes the song interesting, nice piano riffs.
The vox are good... sounds like they may benefit from running them through a de-esser. The distorted backup vox that jump in here and there stick out a little much at times (especially when chorus starts). Maybe lower the distortion on them a bit.
Otherwise, the mix sounds good to my ears. Catchy catchy track ;) :cool:

Nice job! Very modern, like some of the stuff I hear on the radio now (Fall Out Boy, etc). I actually didn't mind the distorted backup vocals much -- I've heard songs with even more distortion...I guess it depends on where you want to lie between a "rage" sound and a "rock" sound....or something like that. Beware of the chorus? effect on the lead vocals -- they're fine now, but don't increase the effect too much more...the lead vocals are good, it'd be a shame to cover them up too much with an effect.

Awesome!

-M

i can't stand emo or nu rock or whatever the new lable is for this style of music.............that must mean it will work just fine on the radio.:)

lucky for us thats not why we're here though...

mix sounds good to me!

Sounds really 70's to me - esp the vocal compressed effects.
the Snakedog's comments about b/vox are spot on.
Too "compact" a mix for my ears - all squashed into a radio sized box if that makes sense - but from your heading it's probably the aim.

thanks for the feedback guys. lol, rayc, what elements of the song sound like the 70s, and what can I do to immediately rectify the situation :eek:

Sounds very, very radio-ish. Not my cup of tea at all. But the mix and production sounds great. Playing is good and a lot of nice touches. No nits here. good job. :)

hey, thanks for the feed. haha, seems like not many others here like to cater their sound to teenagers with disposable income ;)

dastig said:
hey, thanks for the feed. haha, seems like not many others here like to cater their sound to teenagers with disposable income ;)
Or maybe they just have some musical integrity. ;)

thanks! does anybody think that the vocals are too upfront at times, or could use a little more reverb?

Greg_L said:
Or maybe they just have some musical integrity. ;)
ouch, touche ;)

Sounds good

You good present this to a record company and be confident they would at least consider it. My caveat would be that what the song has in quality and "radio friendliness" it lacks in "that something extra" or " something different" that marks really great new and upcoming bands like Nirvana had, RHCP had, or Bright Eyes is using to break through the clutter with. On the other hand, record people obviously stick with what works much more often, and this tune "works". I would certainly market this to them if I were you.

undrgrnd studio said:
You good present this to a record company and be confident they would at least consider it. My caveat would be that what the song has in quality and "radio friendliness" it lacks in "that something extra" or " something different" that marks really great new and upcoming bands like Nirvana had, RHCP had, or Bright Eyes is using to break through the clutter with. On the other hand, record people obviously stick with what works much more often, and this tune "works". I would certainly market this to them if I were you.

+ 1 for the above - good radio rocker - good luck with the marketing on this. I look forward to hearing this on K96 radio......

wow, thanks for the big ups guys. except for the lack of originality thing, but i can see where it comes from :D i will definitely be marketing this thing. wish me luck!

Last edited:
As with many others, not my cup of tea but, I think I heard this on the radio or mtv or something yesterday;) Just kidding. I think it fit's great with todays top selling music. I also think the production is very good. The flange on the vocals is not where I would have went but it works for this style.

F.S.

the one thing i noticed is that if you listen to the snare it sounds hollow. it's missing that "punch". it may be too late to do anything about that though if you didn't mic the snare.

other than that i love it!

Sounds the same as every other song you hear on the radio, but I guess if your goal is getting it on the radio, or getting a deal with a record label, then you're headed in the right direction.

Production is really good btw.

Distorted background vocals sound like Linkin Park which is not something I care for, but the mix, and everything sounds good.

Guitars sound good. Bass gtr is fantastic rhythmically in the arrangement. It really drives it. Main vocal is well performed - could come up in the mix a little I think. Drumset sounds veiled.

Tim

Back