My new song 'Indiscretion'

Well, it happened 'sooner' rather than 'later....I recorded a version of this song with a full band setup. While it's hardly finished to me (all of the additional parts were written and recorded on the spot), I think this song is much closer to where it should be. We were going for a "Fall down" by Toad the Wet Sprocket vibe with this.....

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

I didn't like the vocals initially. They grew on me however as the song wore on. Mixwise, the only thing I picked up on was that the vocals sounded a little 'on top of the mix'. I'm not sure how to change that, maybe a touch of ambience, or a little less gain. The guitar was pretty sweet and in my opinion, the doubling of the vox was working

OK, I didn't see your second link until now. The above was regarding the solo version.

There are some timing issues with the drums...distracting enough to throw the whole song off....it's mostly at the beginning though.

I'd fix it man, the song is worth it.

Thanks lynx. Yeah, I'm going to re-record it "for real" using an actual drummer. The engineer *said* he played drums, but his skill level definitely showed need for improvement. I perform as a solo artist, so I had to use him in lieu of a real band. Next time, I'll know to bring musicians with me if I want parts that I can't play.

now when I say this I am being very honest. There is a HUGE issue with the drumming. Mostly at the start as lynx said, but still, you need to use a compressor on it, very uneven. Everything else is just great, very impressed. Its a keeper

Back