My new 12 minute epic - A Warriors Fate

innerdream

good evening!

i have uploaded onto youtube my new song based on viking mythology - an epic track of over 12 minutes long! (file is too big to upload on soundclick!)

YouTube - ‪InnerDream - A Warrior's Fate‬‏

probably the longest songs ive ever written - as always you comments are most welcome as I've tried to use a few different musical dynamics to try and keep the song interesting throughout it's duration

Cheers
Paul

Good stuff Paul but the geetars bury everything, you're gonna have to eq em or lower them or both. More conviction in the vocals too, sing it like you believe it. Really brave project, applause for that alone. You've done a pretty good job. Listen to the track in a few days then get stuck into the mix again.
Best of luck :cool:
Phil

cheers for your feedback philter1! - I guess being a guitarist by trade I cant help but put the guitars high in the mix! Im still trying with the vocals but they are proving a bit of a struggle - ill keep on trying though! Once again many thanks for your comments

I'd double the vocal track too, sing it again and add it to what you got already, might add a bit of spice :cool:

The guitars a burying everything else when they kick in around 1:44. I'm a guitarist and understand the tendency, but this is really over the top. The drums are totally buried, which isn't good in this type of song. Probably need to back of the the distortion/overdrive and let the drums come forward to support the music. Nice ideas though, has a lot of possibilities. Vocals need a little work like Phil says, but not bad at all.

I do agree Bearman that the drums are buried a bit beneath the layers of guitars - I always record my guitars very HOT in the mix, so I'm going to try and reign them in a bit on future recordings as well as cutting back on the gain, especially on the rhythm guitars

Yeah, epic! :) I listened to the whole lot cos you kept me interested with all the changes. A very creative and imaginative track. Must've taken you ages.

Nice work!

Yeah, epic! :) I listened to the whole lot cos you kept me interested with all the changes. A very creative and imaginative track. Must've taken you ages.

Nice work!

thanks for the kind words - It took a few months to arrange the song but only took about a couple of weeks to get it all recorded

Back