my music video

The Garage

this is a little different.

i just finished posting an animated music video of a song i composed called "how to play the heart." i'd appreciate feedback on the song or video. fyi, i compressed it quite a bit so that it would only be 6.2 MB. Naturally, the sound quality suffers. I will be posting a higher quality mp3 eventually though.

to watch it, go here:

http://www.teddystern.com/watch/watch.html

Great Stuff

After Effects?

Your stop motion was great and you did some neat things with the compositing.

Song is good, but the video is first rate.

Got to say i envy you for being able to put this together!, i keep trying to make a video and i find it a real struggle even though i have all the tools, except the damn talent. Lovely track, funny video, great stuff.....great entertainment. Well done you. Thanks for sharing! Demoralising and inspiring at the same time :D

Great job on the music in it. :cool:

I vote that you edit it to allow the 2nd fly to escape at the end. They were kind of cute... I mean, I saw the deeper storyline as really being about the flies - their relationship and their freedom from the tyranny of technology. :) :D :D

Tim

wow! i feel overwhelmed. thanks for the warm feedback. damn.

i made the video using a very cheap and wonderful program called framethief. you plug in any firewire video camera and it will take a snapshot of whatever your camera is pointing at.

from there, i used a rather old school technique called "stop motion" which i'm sure you've all seen in star wars, etc. basically, i move the object (a handdrawn fly or a colored wire) just a fraction of an inch then *snap* move it again then *snap*. you take 30 snap shots for every second of video. any fuck-up requires a complete redo.

after that, i composited the animation in final cut pro, did some tweaking of colors, etc... it took a while, but i'm glad you all enjoyed it! man, after toiling away alone in my bedroom with this recording and then music video, it's nice to finally share it with someone other than my sister and my girlfriend.

I thought it was guite brilliant on both counts!!....bravo.

but, don't go gettin' the big head or anything.

That was an awesome experience, man. Very cool animation. Way more creative than any video out these days.

engineer,
sorry about no sound. maybe you have a different quicktime downloaded?

to everybody, thanks again for the compliments!

Back