My Guitar Sings Through the Night.

demensia

www.lukemacneil.com
Heres a link to a song I was working on in the songwriting forum.. I couldnt take working on the lyrics so I just recorded it as is... Forgot the lyrics somewhere towards the end though.

I threw a bit of hall reverb on the vox.. let me know what you think.

Thanks for all your help in here guys.. I listen to some of the first stuff I did and It makes me laugh everytime.. heh.. recording into windows sound recorder straight from an old 4 track.

I think the mix is ok...it's just the lyrics are sooo damn cheesy.

Sorry, I don't limit my comments to any one thing. The song is almost gay and a bit repetitive.

Sorry...don't worry, I'll be posting some stuff for you to trash soon.

The clarity is pretty impressive. The pickin is good. I like the idea and the tune. The lyrics are ok, just maybe think about recuttin them.

Don't think I'd go so far as to call it gay, but the vocal performance seems pretty uninspired. Lot of flat notes in there as well.

I dig the drum sound (nice cankin' snare), and the mix is good.

This song needs a good kick in the ass.;)

BTW, where's the singin' guitar?:confused:

i think the tempo may be a little slower than what the melody needs...gives it a dragging feel.....

the recording was pretty clean.....the vocal sounds a bit thin, what mic did you use?....

good job so far.......

Hey Man this is real Ham and Cheese ,but the music quality is fantastic,good mix,maybe more guitars.Interesting harmonies,I totally feel what you were trying to do.The composition is good,but way too long to be that repetive.No Lead?!!Or I missed it...hmm..good playing.No punches noticed...again good mix.

BTW - It's done if you want to hear it...PM/EM me.

Heh.

This isnt the kind of music I would EVER listen too (but then again, neither are top 40 hits)..

Ive been actually trying to sit down and write songs as opposed to screaming and wailing about agony and despair..

My pre-amp is at the Presonus RA department for some satanic humming, so the vox are recorded with an SM57 and a PG81 pointed like < .. through the pres on my behringer 802A.

( I can feel the flames already)

I actually conscienciously didnt rip a lead through the whole song because I noticed that I do that through everything.. and I wanted to be different.

Anyway.. Thanks for your listens..

Im about to give up song writing soon and just stick with playing guitar.

Back