My first song recorded on computer (Heavy Metal Instrumental)

Luminiferous

Hi

This is the first song ever ive recorded on my computer. Id' like you all to tell me what you think of it (production wise and so on)

the link:

Save Target as to save.

This really isn't my genre but...

Great performance- the band sounds tight as hell, that drummer is great.

Once of the cymbals - I think it's a ride - is way out front and could possibly come down a little in the mix. I also thought the bass sounded slightly muddy and could use more definition, but it's hard to tell on the speakers I'm using.

The recording sounds like it was heavily compressed, everything is in your face. I like more space between the instruments, but if you were going for the typical metal type production, you definitely hit the nail on the head.

Are those sequenced drums? Cymbals are sort of the give away.

Nice guitar sound. The mix does seem overall a little muddy. I agree with separating the guitars a little. The screeching guitars are sweet but seem a little loud to me.

Cool track though.

It kinda' has that "everything louder than everything else" thing going on successfully. Every time I think one thing is too loud, I realize that's it's actually everything else.

It would benefit from some "more modern" drum sounds... Pretty cool though...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Mix was kind of different. Like a binaural with not much in the center at all till the stop time and the panning showed up more. Needs some more separation between the bass and kick eq wise and bring the kick and bass up. release the compression/limiting a bit for more dynamics.

Back