My first mix

gatorhaus

Here's my first mix, critique away. This is a band I recorded last november. We did this in the living room/dining room. Let me know your thoughts. I did not write this BTW (I think it is pretty good though).

Right Click to Save As (As if you didn't know:D )

larry

i think the lead guitar has way too much highs, too sharp on my monitors that it actually hurts my ears. Tame it a lil, and it should sit in the mix better.

the hard panning on the vocals kinda loses my focus, maybe pan them closer to center if you really wanna that effect. Personally, I would just overlap them on top of each other in the center.

kick is burried, the bass guitar has too much lows, I think. I am experiencing the same problem on this tune I am working on, too, try a parametric EQ with a big Q and maybe -4 to -6db on the bass and move it around until you can hear the kick in the mix. Normally it's around 60-80hz from my experience.

AL

Thats a good start man. I cant say alot cause i cant hear it that well lof-fi on a dialup.
The guitar was a little too strong, I couldnt make out some of the singing and bass n drum when all was playing. You gettin it all in the mixer, justs needs a little sorting. The more you listen the more you`ll hear.

Back