My first attempt at mixing

That guitar has a LOT of low end in it from what I can hear. It's making the guitar a little undefined and harder to hear the chords. Try letting the bass hold up a bit more of that low end. =]
I assume you're using MIDI drums, yeah? They don't sound bad, but it sounds like your guitar is hogging all the space. The entire drum set sounds a little quiet to me. I think if you clean up that guitar a little bit, it'll help the mix immensely.

Try and pay attention to frequencies of the instruments. The bass guitar is pretty noexistent in the mix, it also seems like it is interfering with the kick drum. Mrwrenchey is right, cut out some of the low end of the guitars and bring the overall drums up. For heavy distorted guitars pan hard left and hard right.

If your looking for critiques, I believe the thread should be in the mp3 clinic afaik. :)

So first thing I hear in your mix is the guitars sound mono, Pan both guitars out L and R 100%

Another thing I noticed was the kick drum is being masked completely by your bass guitar. Try cutting out frequencies in your bass track to make room for your kick, this way they're not fighting for frequencies.

Like MrWrenchey said, I also feel like your main problem is coming from your guitars. Try setting the high pass filter a little higher and you'll see how much that clears up the low end.

Remember, you should have as many highpass filters set up for as many tracks as you have in your song, if you get what I mean.

I hope this helps!

Sorry didnt mean to post in the wrong spot, i thought this was it, but i have decided to drop the bass entirely, ive also dropped some of the low end on the guitars, brought up the drums volume, and the guitars high pass is slightly higher, i guess ill post the revised edition in the proper thread if anyone would care to further critique me itd be appreciated :)

Sorry didnt mean to post in the wrong spot, i thought this was it, but i have decided to drop the bass entirely, ive also dropped some of the low end on the guitars, brought up the drums volume, and the guitars high pass is slightly higher, i guess ill post the revised edition in the proper thread if anyone would care to further critique me itd be appreciated :)

I'd be glad to give the revised version another listen :) Re-post when you can.

Here's what I would do: I'd pan both guitars 100% L and R, Use an Equalizer to remove sub-bass, bass and a little bit of low-mids. Apply 5-10ms of delay to throw them a bit to the background and soften them up a little (It happens to make a slight bit of space too, at least for me).I would get creative and see what else I could do :) But I'd do what I just mentioned for a start. A Limiter or anything else to adjust the loudness and give more warmth to the track. Oh and I forgot to mention, maybe a little bit of reverb. Drums sound muddy. EQ them to give a bit more clarity.
As for the kick drum and the bass... Here's an amazingly useful trick I found in sweetwater.com. I stared out using this trick and moved on from there. (Note: he's referring to an EQ when he mentions all the frequencies. I find it more comfortable to use a Parametric EQ in my case.)

"A common trick to getting a full sound between kick and bass while retaining clarity is to boost the lows on the kick (60-80Hz) cut the low mids anywhere from 150Hz to 400Hz (sometimes called the mudrange) and boost the highs at around 3000Hz. This will provide a solid low end, remove some of the mud in the midrange and accentuate the attack of the kick pedal on the drum. For the bass, we do pretty much the opposite; cut the lows where you boosted them on the kick (60-80Hz) boost the bass at around 120 - 150Hz which will provide a full bass sound (while occupying the frequency space we made by cutting the kick drum in this range), and boost the highs at around 900Hz since bass also provides information in that range as well. In short, we are emphasizing the frequencies that are important to the sound of each, while cutting the frequencies where they can conflict. Try this technique. You'll get a full bottom with a clear thump with a defined attack in the kick and a clear, full bass."

Play around with EQing the kick drum and the bass. When I was a total n00b in mixing and mastering kick and bass I usually followed this logic: Bass EQ graph should be like the Kick Drum EQ graph except reversed (But not identically opposites). Where I cut frequencies from one EQ I'd boost them on the other.

Now... For example, in one particular track I cut the kick drum between 100-900 Hz and boosted around the 6000 Hz range. Boosted the bass between 120-2070 Hz with a very important boost of about 30-40% in the 600-700 Hz range and cut the 100-900 Hz range that I had boosted for the Kick. Yes, a lot of frequencies overlapped, but it still worked in this case.
It all depends on each sound and the quality. You won't find one specific rule of cut this-and-that and boost this-and-that to get the both instruments to blend and yet contrast them.
Play around with the EQ! Sometimes it can be really fun. You start noticing certain details and few other things :)

We I know nothing of the song that was submitted but that's great EQing info. Now I'll try putting that to use shortly as we're about to lay down some bass to a song of ours :guitar:

Back