More from Bassman's surf shop

Bassman

Hey Guys, since some of you have show an interest in my Calif girls cover, I figured I'd share this too..

Now despite the fact it sounds like a Beach boys tune, the words, melody and music are original, just the style and spirit are "Borrowed".

Written and recorded on my first DAW in 1999, I recently updated the drum track with a real drummer, and the guitar tracks due to my better playing and better sound(J-station). Also mixed on monitors this time and my PC is much more powerful, so I was able to mix the whole thing at once, rather than sub-mixing and bouncing.

I didnt spend too much time re-mixing so I'm not sure how good it is, I am really fooling around with this just to get familiar with Sonar and the capabitlites on my new PC. It has the highest track count of anything I've done. 17 tracks, 8 instances of EQ's, 4 Compressors, 1 reverb and it doesnt even blink...love it.

Anyway have a listen if you like, this is really a re-release, some of you older Homerecer's may remeber it....

Oh and yes I own a Mighty mustang...a white 1990 GT conv.. only thing is..it doesnt have 400Hp.. lol...

I like this better than CAG.mp3

I love it, if it didn't sound hi-fi you could make me doubt if it wasn't a BB song.

Don't you have a Mike Love sound alike to do a bass voice on those "Mighty Mustang" breaks?

cheers, Andrés

great song dude, surfs up for sure! it's going on my playlist on top! thx for the tune, charva.

Man, if Brian Wilson hears this, he'll either come after you or he'll think he's a fire engine (where's that medication). Great harmonies.:cool:

Back