Money and Hoes.

U bruthaz sound like U B stompin' ho's like roaches. Phat, yo...

Disclaimer: Tristan Grigsby named me an Honorary Black Man back in the mid 90's - So I'm officially allowed to type like that while still remaining "politically correct." :D

Sounds nice. A mild bit of low-end distortion, but at 128, I'd actually expect considerably more.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Massive Master said:
U bruthaz sound like U B stompin' ho's like roaches. Phat, yo...

Disclaimer: Tristan Grigsby named me an Honorary Black Man back in the mid 90's - So I'm officially allowed to type like that while still remaining "politically correct." :D

Sounds nice. A mild bit of low-end distortion, but at 128, I'd actually expect considerably more.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Any tips for helping clear up said distortion? Probably just re-record right? I want to have this mix sounding at least semi-professional. Props to all that gave it a listen.

I'm assuming that the distortion is coming from either too much compression (across the stereo buss maybe?), or just simply the MP3 encoding.

If it isn't apparent on the original, I wouldn't sweat it.

If it IS on the original, it's probably not a "show-stopper" either.

I've heard worse... WAY worse...

John -

** "Stompin' Ho's like roaches" appears courtesy of Playa D from the album album "Let it Ride" - My very first Hip-Rap mastering job EVER.

Hmm, okay.. I'm gonna have the first verse redone anyway. it doens't have the same level of excitment as each subsequent verse. Yeah, I didn't hear any distortion at 192 kbps. So hopefully it's just the encoding.

colinear said:
excellent!!

very punchy.

Thanks! I guess I'm just a little overcritical, kinda a perfectionist. So even when somone tells me it's good, I'm still looking for flaws here and there. Is there ANYTHING that could be added, or anything that you guys hear that could be better production-wise. I'm not just saying this looking for additional praise, i'm dead serious, this has to be A+ material so that I can be confortable with future recording methods and get into the groove. And yes, I've let others listen to the song repeatedly in all different environments, I just respect you guy's opinions.

Back