Mixing contest!!!!

i would but i don't have any. i am hoping someone with something will. i havent been active with recording recently as i have had some pc issues.

If no one has any tracks then here is a website full of raw recordings to Mix. The quality of most of there recordings are ok, good enough to get a half decent Mix from.

The 'Mixing Secrets' Multitrack Download Library (Cambridge Music Technology)

I would like to Mix in a new comp for sure.

G

I listened to some of the previews of these projects in the Cambridge site, and liked this one best. It only lacks a guitar solo, but otherwise has some good ingredients to train mixing. It's a rock-pop, maybe 80s style, with a beat arround 140 bpms, only 3 min long, solid drumming, but not many fills, mostly overdrive guitars but not too heavy. Reminds me a little of Cheap Trick but with much lower pitched vocals, sort of Huey Lewis style. Maybe there are some better projects there, but I didn't have time to listen to them all. Or maybe someone could extend the tracks and add a guitar solo somewhere.

Here's the preview:

The project:
Moosmusic: 'Big Dummy Shake'
Style: Indie Pop/Rock
Full Multitrack: 220MB ZIP
------

EDIT: Another interesting one:

Preview:

Project:
Flags: '54'
Style: Buckley-esque Indie Rock
Full Multitrack: 63 tracks: 784MB ZIP

A funkish mixture of rock and some kinds of afro-styles with a lot of percussion, acoustic and electric guitars, organs/synths and some horns. Some odd bars (5/4), but mostly, the rhythm reminds me a little of George Michael's Freedom.
-----

And this other one:
preview mix:

Johnny Lokke: 'Promises & Lies'
Style: Classic Heavy Rock
Full Multitrack: 23 tracks: 554MB ZIP
-----

And this one:
Young Griffo: 'Blood To Bone', 'Facade' & 'Pennies'
Style: Anthemic Heavy Rock
'Blood To Bone' -- Full Multitrack: 23 tracks: 482MB ZIP: preview mix:

'Facade' -- Full Multitrack: 20 tracks: 322MB ZIP: preview mix:

'Pennies' -- Full Multitrack: 28 tracks: 540MB ZIP
The first of these songs was used for The Great: 'Blood To Bone' Mixoff Competition, as well as for the SOS September 2011 'Top Ten Mix Mistakes' article. The song 'Facade' was featured in this Mix Rescue article.

Last edited:
Yeah they are good recorded tracks which would work for a mix comp. I'd be happy to Mix any of these for the comp.

Who wants to host this? Is xfinsterx still about? He might be too busy to moderate the comp though.

G

Yeah they are good recorded tracks which would work for a mix comp. I'd be happy to Mix any of these for the comp.

Who wants to host this? Is xfinsterx still about? He might be too busy to moderate the comp though.

G

They'd all work, I think.

Maybe no one needs to host the files, since they're already hosted at the Cambridge site.

Back