Mixed to death

LOL...man, if you could hear this...hehehehhee...

I dunno, I have to use the stupid Windows Player to stream, b/c NWR won't read my Winamp for some reason. This is why I usually download (99%) of all files I listen to...plus, I can back up and stuff. I know the Winamp doesn't have a problem with VBR, but apparently my Windows player does, b/c it's reading it as a CBR of 129, lol. I don't think that's even a real bitrate. God, it sounds SOOOOooo funny.

What I heard sounded kick ass, btw. I just "unpitchshifted" in my head, lol. I would like to hear it.

You would think that the great M$ would have VBR support in their player.:rolleyes:

Maybe something in properties(?) is not configured/checked?

Maybe it just knows it was encoded with iTunes!:eek:

I was able to download it. Even though I've posted in this thread about 20 times, I actually haven't read the other comments...so flame me if I cover ground that's already been beaten with dead horses, lol.

SOUNDS GREAT!!

When it kicks in, I thought the vox were a tad dry, but it either gets better as the song goes on, or it's no big deal, b/c it doesn't bug me after the first couple of lines.

I'm not on monitors right now, but I will listen later.

Sorry for the confusion,
Chris

Okay, maybe a tad mid heavy...but I don't trust me. I'm just writing this so I'll remember to listen for that later, lol.

Good to see you got it handled.

Thanks for the gush! LOL!:D

I think I really need to do something about my room. Your not the only one who says it's mid heavy, but the mids are really low on all my monitors even with different listening positions. Must be a really bad mode in here in the mids.

Re: Re-mix is up

M.Brane said:
Check it & let me know what you think:

Thumpin' Bibles

it sounds better with the samples lowered.. some of the comments in my original post still apply though.. there is an improvement, but I still think around 4:20 the samples get too loud and screw with the groove.. just my opinion though.. I really like your voice the best in this.. This is a good tune.. I would shorten it or add something to that other part instead of loud talking samples..

Thanks for checking back!

I'm gonna add that solo on the end, just have to figure out where to put it! I've only got 8 audio tracks to work with and everything is full. Probably have to do a bounce. Won't get anything done this weekend since my 3 year old son is here.

Thanks again for the extra ears, bro!:)

well, I listened to it a few times and the only thing that I don't like at it is the slap-bass, but I couldn't figure it why- maybe because of the basslines rhythm or simply because it is slapped? I dunno..
but the rest - vocals,guitars - great!!

Thanks for the listen groovejunky!:)

There's actually no slappin' on the bass. It's just a lot of fret noise and a real percussive tone. That was tracked with my cheapo Aria medium-scale through my Boogie preamp directly into the Mac. I'm a decent bass player (Steve Harris fan), but my drummer has a damn quick right foot so it's kinda challenging to match his punches.:eek:

Vox in the intro seems a bit dry? Or maybe I just wanted to hear a diffrent reverb there. I'm still listening, and its growing on me now though. Dude i'm gonna "gush"(cause..thats what i do lol!) but man I'm diggin this big time. Loved the vox on this, gave me a hint of "Grand Funk" and then a swirl of Doobie Bro's. This was a lot of hard work, its great.

Thanks david!:)

There is no 'verb at the very beginning, only a slight delay on the vocal. It comes in slowly along with the second acoustic and goes to full when the band kicks in. I did this on purpose to make the intro very intimate, and draw the listener in.....

......then hit 'em over the head with full crunch mode!:D

Glad you like it!:)

For me, there is a lot to like here. The 12 string at the top was real nice--I liked the part and the playing. The groove that breaks in has a great figure to it and I like the sitar too. On my system, the bass is a bit too hot and to a lesser degree the kick. I think its an EQ issue with both-- more than just a volume thing. Overall, it sounds like everything above 5k has been rolled off. I'd like to see some of that put back in. I think it would provide more contrast between the drums and guitar. Vocal seemed about right for a rock mix.

The tune rocks, for sure. Sounds real close to being done. If your ears are burned, put it away and come back in about a week and you'll hear it in a fresh light. I can tell you've put a lot of work into this and it shows.

Thanks for the encouragement, crawdad.;)

The only things that have any EQ on top are the bass and lead guitar. Sure wish I had a better front-end than this Behringer 802 and the stock Mac RCA's.

One thing I'm finding very interesting is most everyone likes the vocal, but nobody's asked what it was tracked with.

Great intro and heavy riffage!!!Sorry,don't like christian hard rock/metal.It confuses me.Dark music invoking light.It seems like a trick.Anyway,Cool tune and I see the others have given you the proper direction.Keep it up.I will continue to listen regardless of religous content.Peace to ya...keep rockin'!

I feel your pain with the front end, bro!! mix has been covered(like i could help anyway):D :( This is it! love the tune, seriously, it's a rocker!!!!!!! I love the percussive sound on the bass, chunka chunka clankedy clank!! i have alway's dug that bass sound!

Question.......this is an export kit, is that the "stock" export snare????? maple?? a mix?? steel?? I ask because i really dig the snare sound!!!! What size is it?? Head's??? recorded with a 57?? wow, thats alot of question's!! LMAO!...........in short......
what kind of snare?? LOL

kick ass tune!

Thank's

Peace

Rick

p.s........What kind of bass????? :D

W.I.S.C.:

Actually the guy who wrote this (the drummer) is a Catholic, and I'm basically a non-practicing Christian bordering on agnostic.LOL!:D

Religeon is just the topic of this one, not the purpose.;)

Glad you liked the tune.:)

fenderlikingood:

The snare is a Pearl 14" bell-brass full-floater with an Emperor top, and Ambassador bottom (both clear). No snare mic was used, just two ECM8000's as overheads and a 57 inside the kickdrum. The drummer grew up playing jazz, and can hit a rim shot on every hit.:cool:

As for the bass, check my reply to groovejunky above.;) Oh yeah, the strings are med. guage nickel rounds.

Thanks for the listen.:)

Back