Mix Im working.

The spoken stuff at the beginning was very clear.

The distorted guitars have too much gain. There isn't any bite to them. They need to smack he listener in the face and they don't do that. I'd retrack with the gain turned down quite a bit.

Piano sound was an interesting choice for this genre.

Drums are a bit robotic sounding.

Not sure the vocalist was the right guy for the screamo vocals. The melodic parts of the the vocal were well sung.

The spoken stuff at the beginning was very clear.

The distorted guitars have too much gain. There isn't any bite to them. They need to smack he listener in the face and they don't do that. I'd retrack with the gain turned down quite a bit.
- there chuck chucka parts are good but the flowing parts are a little undefined - try the gain drop....

Piano sound was an interesting choice for this genre.
- interesting and very good idea

Drums are a bit robotic sounding.
- I found them good but MIA a bit volume wise

Not sure the vocalist was the right guy for the screamo vocals. The melodic parts of the the vocal were well sung.
- the screamo will be fine - it's the melodic parts that will sell records...keep him
---------------------

Trying to remember from yesterday, but I didn't notice much of a difference between the first and latest mixes.

Drums are either too low or too far back or too muddy. Something about them doesn't sit right in the mix.

Guitars sound alright to me.

The opening scared me.

Back