metal with vox(female singer)!!!!!!!!!!

flash2ace

all wright guys i did the cuts on the lows with the guitars and you guys wernt kidding it realy opened up the song. this is just a dry mix mixed through headphones because my family is sleeping so im not sure about levels and such. we still have to add backing vox but other than that it is still pretty much all here. its uploading as i type this so give it about 45 mins lol(darn dial up).
im pretty sure the drums need to come up a little in volume. i still might retrack the guitars and cut the distortion down about 25 percent. i think it would help? im tottaly open to any sugestions on mix and any thing you guys would add in as far as instrumentation, and maybe some sugestions on backing vox.
also im wondering if the bass has a bit to much lows on it. anyway any suggestions would be awesome.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1751&alid=-1 he died for you

p.s. i wanna say that crawdad said somthing the other day that realy should leave a impresion on all of us, we are about ready to go to war and i would like any of you who will to pray for all the innocent people who will be affected by this, and pray for our troops and for there safety and safe return. thanks crawdad.
if you dont know what to say just read this.

father god i pledge the blood of jesus on our troops over in the gulf and on our leader of this country so that he may stop and think and see things with the love you offer us all through your son jesus christ. i pray that you will protect all of the innocent people that would otherwise be affected by this terrible war.
i pray that the leaders in the gulf will be stricken with your love and disarm and do away with there weapons of mass destruction. i ask this in your name jesus, the bible says it so so it is so and we need you now. in jesus name amen.
and i thank anyone who reads this because wright now we realy need this. thanks guys and god bless you all and your familys.
tim pate.

hey flash, the vocals are too loud man, and the nice opening solo is a bit harsh sounding at first.. I would cut some mids on that.. I like the vocals, but I do not like the amount of chorus on her voice.. it's a bit much in places, but it's just preference..a little less would work better.. this vocal addition is very cool and her voice is good, but it needs a remix yesterday! :)

I like the song! Is it a white metal band?

I only think you have to bring down the vocals a little ... I like the guitars (reminds james heatifield stuff) ... the vocal needs some production ... maybe she is a little shy to sing ... she has a good voice but I miss something more agressive ... a little of anger, disapointment or revolt to sing it could be good ...

Just a newbie opinion ...

Good luck,

Giovanni

... and 'peace' for all.

thanks for the replys gentlemen. yes the vox are to loud. im running them dry and when i turn the reverb on they come down a bit in volume so that is what happened there i assume. as for the chorus her voice sounded to pure so i tryed to add a little gruff to it with chorus, kinda going for that spacey futuristic feel with em. captiani thanks man for the compliments, by the way ive listened to your stuff and if your a newbie then im rich and we all know thats not so lol. and by the way your one heck of a guitarist to, heck you both blow me away in the guitar field and at mixing, and that is why im here asking these questions everyday and that is why you guys are here answering them. i will cut the mids a bit on the intro lead, i can hear it now that you mention it. i truly love this site and all the wonderful guys here, and realy guys i cant thank you enough for all the help youve given me.
when i remixed this i cut the heck outta the lows on the guitars, does anyone think they sound to fuzzy? i kinda do without the lows being there. i also had to cut the lows outta the bass guitar because i couldnt even hear the drums it tottaly covered them up.as soon as i cut all these lows i could hear all the instruments very well. its amzing what frequency sharing will hide lol. anyone else have any ideas for cuts or additions to this. i would cut the chorus back some but i cant because the clip board is cleared and i added it offline. i suppose i could have her resing it. she doesnt have alot of anger in her voice but she just has this kinda kool deadness to her voice i dont realy know how to explain it. when i master this should i put some compresion on it or no? how about eq does anything need boosted? thanks guys for the listen.
god bless you the flash. p.s yes we are christian metal

I don't think the guitars are fuzzy ... how do you mic it? Near or far? In axis or off axis? Are you using any noise gate?

I like the guitar sound ... how are you panning the instruments? Bass in the center? Kick bass in the center?

In my opinion you don't have to equilize nothing till now ... try to search the better space for each instrument in spectre ... when you equilize something (boost or cut) you also increase some frequencies wich means distortions ... take care with equalization ...

see ya ...
Giovanni

thanks for the comments captiani, here is the run down on my panning.

guitar left=65% left
guitar right=65%right
bass=center
drums, all drums are midi and are on one track so i have no individual control over them. they are panned center.
main vox=6%l
1 chorus= 25%r
2 chorus=25%l
intro guitar lead=29%l
hook lead=24%r

this is exactly how i have it, does anyone have any suggestions to do it differently. volume adjustments on any levels. the guitars are all ran into the computer thru my zoom gfx8 floorboard which has cabinet emulation with speaker depth control and alot of other goodies. i was thinking about possibly re-recording the right guitar track with my amp and try mic-ing it. i dont have a good mic here though and would have to go and rent one. thanks guys god bless tim pate

first off figure out where that hiss is coming from if it's at all possible.
I'd like to hear it with the guitars mixed about 3 times louder, and I can't really make out he kick drum.

It sounds like a cool song but it needs more bite IMO. I'm a sucker for that kind of squealing lead guitar , nice chops.

Doug

Back