Melange de la Chauve Souris

GONZO-X

roughly means 'bat's brew' in cajun

this is the first pass final mix, 9th song posted out of 10 for a soon-to-be released album called "Trouble".

looking for translation issues. or comments on the mix balance.
thanks in advance.

Nice tune. Sounds like you're jamming with Billy Squier and Steve Vai. Good balance and separation on everything on my nasty little office speakers. Guitar tones are great

Nice tune. Sounds like you're jamming with Billy Squier and Steve Vai. Good balance and separation on everything on my nasty little office speakers. Guitar tones are great

alright bulls,
thanks for listening and commenting!

ok, i'll leave this one up one more day.

all the songs but one have been posted for review now,
i'm almost finished.

Yeah sounds pretty excellent to me, separation is very noticeable in your recordings. Guitar work is excellent. I like the tambourine-pretty agressive in the mix but it works-sounds like a rattlesnake tail at times : ). If i had to make a mix critique i would say there seems to be some mud build up between the bass and the guitar low end that obscures the vocals a bit. Oh and i thought melange was the drug that made space travel possible. Nice work!

Yeah sounds pretty excellent to me, separation is very noticeable in your recordings. Guitar work is excellent. I like the tambourine-pretty agressive in the mix but it works-sounds like a rattlesnake tail at times : ). If i had to make a mix critique i would say there seems to be some mud build up between the bass and the guitar low end that obscures the vocals a bit. Oh and i thought melange was the drug that made space travel possible. Nice work!

hi stratomaster!
appreciate the comments....
rattlesnake!
yea, that'd be the idea......

i can't hear any mud on my playback system...
so, that gives me something to focus on, i'll change up my speakers, and headphone setup, and see if i can hunt that down, and NUKE it!

typically, these guitars are rolled off at about 100hz,
so it may be a bit higher than that.

Back