Master / Mix Feedback.

Not my style really, but they both sound similar. Sounded like mix B had more bass and was a little darker?

Nice mix, I kind of liked mix A better, I think. Better balance.

Very nice. Hope you become a contributing member here. We could use this genre a little more on the board.

Really liked this chorus, the melody was great. Arrangement-wise, I'd consider letting the chugs have some space between them - there's a synth going on that never lets the rhythm get a break and those chugs in the main riff could be very dynamic if allowed to do their thing. But, again, the music doesn't let up in that section and it's just a constant thrashing instead of a very musical one. 0:43-0:49 is where I'm talking about. The chugs aren't allowed to drive the music since nothing else ever lets up.

So, the first one is much brighter. But the vocals are less clear, so the boost there is what, around 8khz? The second one is darker overall, but yet the vocals are more clear. So, the boost there is around 2.5-4khz and the upper end is left alone? Maybe I'm way off, but that's my first impression.

I liked the music in the first better and the vocals in the second better. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the second.

Back