Manslick: TIWTAYM

Wow dude, very nice. Listened on my main stereo, I didn't hear anything out, sounded very high quality.

If anything, small rumble, but I only say that for you to double check. Could just be my system.

Really top notch!

DM thanks for the listen.
The rumble is intentional but the level may be questionable.
Easily adjustable.
Yeah I find this translates better to open speakers.
Humbly,

Oh....I liked it. And yes....loud af. Minor nit piks if I may. The mix has a teeny bit of a sterile / bright / brittle top end to it. Ever so slight....but it kind of wears on ya. Listening on my Tannoys. Maybe that's it. The "rumble". That was cool...for lack of a better way to put it. Was also struggling with the vocal. Can't still put my finger on it but with the mix so clear and revealing.....your vocal seemed a TEENY bit muddy / recessed. Or maybe it's the other way around......the mix was bright but the vocal was fine??? Or who the heck knows.....but hey.....well done for sure! Thanks for the listen!!!

ha yes I know what you mean.
so many listens i'm burnt out,
i have this on repeat and playing drums to it so, my god, i am really tempting my deafness.
as you know mixes are never really done.
i have this in the car and make mental notes and re-mix till i'm so sick of it i want to puke.
the vocal i worried over so much. this, i think is what makes sense to me in terms of the messed up place i was when i did it. hard to express that in words. glad you picked up on it :)
thank for the feedback mick :)

Last edited:
Take a break for a few days. It can sometimes take me a week or more to get my "ears" and "objectivity" back if I've spent too many hours on a single mix. Going at it over and over once you've reached "max absorb"........will get you nowhere fast.

It’s been limited but nothing is clipped. Some of the synths have noise being generated. Is it throughout or in spots?
Thanks for the feedback.

It’s been limited but nothing is clipped. Some of the synths have noise being generated. Is it throughout or in spots?
Thanks for the feedback.

it is throughout,
so i guess it must be the limiting.
the synths sound good,
it's just everything sounds too hot.

The rumble in the first mix was below 50Hz. I have to say this mix, you reduced the bass too much. I think the other was fine, just roll off down in that really sub range <50hz. I would have kept everything else the same.

I should have been a bit more descriptive.

The rumble in the first mix was below 50Hz. I have to say this mix, you reduced the bass too much. I think the other was fine, just roll off down in that really sub range <50hz. I would have kept everything else the same.

I should have been a bit more descriptive.
Yes I targeted 80 hz. I really hate this mix. Faders-down remix.

Hell yeah, I enjoyed this. You can argue about rumble, 1db here, 1 there, up your arse, round the bend, but in the end it’s just a good song.

Real quality sound, makes me realise how much Aelyth and I have to lift our game.

I don't think there's quite enough bottom end. It's almost as if a high pass filter's been applied around 80 - 100Hz. Apart from that, this is so good to listen to.

Back