Let's throw some rock on this !

I like the singer's voice. It's a great pop/rock singing voice. It was recorded very clearly.

The acoustic guitar sounds nice. The clean guitar on the right sounds nice to me as well.

Some of backing vocals have a bit of a pitch problem in the "ooos" in the chorus. I'd add some additional tracks to them. They need more layers right there.

A slight timing problem or two on the acoustic guitars in the intro.

But I think my biggest complaint is the drums. The samples you selected had heavy reverb on them. And the snare didn't have quite enough snap. Therefore, the drums sound way back in the mix. But on a pop song like this, I think they'd sound better if they were quite a bit more forward.

But overall, it's a pretty nice job.

I like the singer's voice. It's a great pop/rock singing voice. It was recorded very clearly.

The acoustic guitar sounds nice. The clean guitar on the right sounds nice to me as well.

Some of backing vocals have a bit of a pitch problem in the "ooos" in the chorus. I'd add some additional tracks to them. They need more layers right there.

A slight timing problem or two on the acoustic guitars in the intro.

But I think my biggest complaint is the drums. The samples you selected had heavy reverb on them. And the snare didn't have quite enough snap. Therefore, the drums sound way back in the mix. But on a pop song like this, I think they'd sound better if they were quite a bit more forward.

But overall, it's a pretty nice job.

Thanks for the advice, I followed some of yours advice and remixed the song (Still need to correct the pitch)

New link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeiuysiw7ylsylx/Stronger(Mastering)3.wav?dl=0

That's the first thing I noticed too. Those drums are very "arena"y.

New link is "expired", so I can't compare the new mix.

Like the song. Good job. I second the timing issues especially at beginning. I thing the reverb on the drums are not bad...however you might be able to dial it back a hair or two. Everything else sounds pretty good.

Those drums really don't fit. At all. Nice lead vocal and song, but this just doesn't fit together nicely. The chorus is where it really becomes apparent. It's also an arrangement issue as the drum pattern has this tom fill where the sustain leaves the song bare, and not in a good, dynamic way. The timing and energy is awkward in the chorus. Guitars are right up front in your face and the drums are behind a door.

0:37 - that cymbal choke needs a kick under it. It would never be played with just a cymbal like that. I'd spend a lot of time rewriting the drums before mixing them. Even a better mix won't help with the arrangement as it is. When you get to mixing it, turn down the reverb on the drums.

Why don't you add the MIDI file? I have different drum samples that I'd like to use. Plus, I'm willing to bet that part of the issue is your sample placement...they sound like they are perfectly in time and on the bars while the live performance is obviously going to be full of flaws in regards to timing.

The second mix attempt, for the record, is much better. I see you put some work into it. The verse melody is much stronger than the chorus....which isn't really the combination you want. If it were my song, I'd rework that chorus melody, but hey, it's not!

Why don't you add the MIDI file? I have different drum samples that I'd like to use. Plus, I'm willing to bet that part of the issue is your sample placement...they sound like they are perfectly in time and on the bars while the live performance is obviously going to be full of flaws in regards to timing.

The second mix attempt, for the record, is much better. I see you put some work into it. The verse melody is much stronger than the chorus....which isn't really the combination you want. If it were my song, I'd rework that chorus melody, but hey, it's not!

Here we go the midi DRUM file : Dropbox - Drum.mid

Tempo is 100 I think :) !

The best idea is to put the links to new mixes in the OP. That way anyone can go to the top of the thread and know they are hearing the latest mix.

Great voice, good song, good playing all around. It agree with the comments you've been receiving about the drums. It's not just the intro, it's the whole song really. That displaced groove is not locking in with the bass or guitars.

Zoom in on the wave forms in your DAW. Just notice where the kick drum is falling in relation to the bass and guitars. Sometimes it's solid, but often not. If you agree, you might try a different drum groove, one that is simpler and steadier.

The best idea is to put the links to new mixes in the OP. That way anyone can go to the top of the thread and know they are hearing the latest mix.

Great voice, good song, good playing all around. It agree with the comments you've been receiving about the drums. It's not just the intro, it's the whole song really. That displaced groove is not locking in with the bass or guitars.

Zoom in on the wave forms in your DAW. Just notice where the kick drum is falling in relation to the bass and guitars. Sometimes it's solid, but often not. If you agree, you might try a different drum groove, one that is simpler and steadier.

Here's the NEW MIX : Dropbox - Stronger(Mastering)3.wav

Can't EDIT the first post :/

The only problem I guess is the drum. I'm not drummer AT ALL. That's why I can't really WRITE or MIX drumm properlly.

Dropbox - Stronger(Mix No Drum).wav

Here we go the song withouth the drums !

Sorry man, there's something about your wav file that is not working well with my DAW. I wrote out drums and mixed them, twice, but each time I tried to save the new song, it crashed. It did it yesterday too when I just used the master track and my own drum file. There's some "runtime error". That's 3 out of 3 tries. Think I'm gonna abort.

The vocals have nice fullness. So do the steel string guitars, but I am wondering if you could put an EQ cut on the guitars a little at 240Hz to get them out of the vocals' way.

Sorry man, there's something about your wav file that is not working well with my DAW. I wrote out drums and mixed them, twice, but each time I tried to save the new song, it crashed. It did it yesterday too when I just used the master track and my own drum file. There's some "runtime error". That's 3 out of 3 tries. Think I'm gonna abort.

Can you just send me the Drums parts mixed withouth my track, I'll add it by myself on my DAW ?

Back