Let it Rip!

David

Hi all, got a tune here would like some feeback on, to make a long story short this is the only song I've had total control over the mix (Damm sure want be the last) "I hope" anyway it's at i-drive visitor password is "srvtone"...the song is "Cajun Girl" Thanks!

Holy sheesh. The tone of that guitar made me cream my pants. Don't ever do that again!

How'd you get that tone? What's your setup, David? Very Stevie R V... Wait, let me start off by saying that I really dig the hell outta this tune! I have no comment to the mix... I didn't hear anything wrong (this maybe because I was totally in a groove trance)... I may need to listen again with an objective ear.

*** For anyone that owns a Pod like me, has anyone found a setting that can get close to the tone that David has in "Cajun Girl"... Please let me know what the hell it is ***

David, bravo, man.

David, I forgot to mention -- for some reason when I downloaded your file, I had to add the extension ".mp3" to it. It only came as a file name "Cajun Girl". No extension.

Oh... and the blank space it the beginning... can you trim that down?

Very cool David. I like the guitar playing a lot. I echo Teddie's comments about the space at the front, and missing the mp3 extension, both very minor things though. Is this the same band that did the song "Idaho"? Very solid from every member as always. The mix seemed just a little distant to me, I'm not sure really how to describe it or why I thought that, just hits me that way. It doesn't sound bad at all, but if you have reverb on the overall mix you might try cutting it back some. Of course, I like stuff dry for the most part (unlike the song I just posted, lol) and in your face, so it might just be me. The tone is very good, I'd like to hear it more upfront sounding and with more presence (and maybe even fatter) but that's just my preference. When you nail those single notes and hold it sounds really, really great. Doesn't get much better than that to me. It fits the song just right.

Hey Teddie, I'm gonna respond to your POD inquiry in the other thread where you asked the question directly to me.

good gumbo....probably just my speakers, but maybe a little more bottom would give some grease to the stew...cool ass tone in the git....damn shoulda said coonass tone.....gibs :D

Hey Teddie Thanks very much for the kind words! Like I said this is my first mix that I've put on this forum that I mixed myself so I'm really just starting out with this stuff.

as far as what I used to record I ran the mix off adat thru the board thru dual tube-mp thru lynx-one, recorded a stereo track in cubase then used wavelab 3.0 with a few plugin's..noisegate, Loudness maximizer, peakmaster.

Guitar wise I'm using a strat plus and Laney 50 watt 6L6's tube amp I recorded the lead guitar with a AT40/50 mic about five feet in front of the amp pointing down, the other guitar with a 57 up close.

And yea it needs trimming down and well...I dont know how to do that yet :) but I'll figure it out somehow but hey a little over a year ago I didn't know what e-mail was :D But THANKS alot Teddie anything positive that comes from you means a great deal to me.

Jon X same goes for you, your one of the best guitar slingers i've heard and not just on this bbs! I downloaded your POD experiment and DAMM DAMM D...!! man speechless! to your question about the same band members no it's just me and a friend of mine played the drums on it. as far as the mp3 extension please tell me what I need to do after I got it up I downloaded it with no problem so I dunno. Thanks again Jon!

Ha Ha Thanks gibs coonass it is! funny thing I was workng on a damm oil rig in the gulf of Mexico out of venice La when I wrote that song. Yeah I agree it needs a little more bottm end I'll work on that. Thanks a million for the D/L gibbs.

David

I hath listened and it is good.

I agree on the minimal bass response.

Billy Gibbons comes to mind for some reason. Hmmmmmmm :D

[This message has been edited by Ric (edited 05-26-2000).]

Thanks Ric glad you liked it I've got alot to learn about mixing with this software and have got to get to know these monitors a little better. Billy Gibbons eh is that a good thing? Thanks again Ric!

>Billy Gibbons eh is that a good thing

AH well...if ya like ZZ Top...which I do..
you have some of his chop sensiblities..
neat playing...

Now there's some nice rolling blue's -- The guitar verse and rap up had a light dusting of Cold Shot (SRV) not to noticeable -- All in all a killer tone.......

Wow! where did ya dig this up at? thought it had gone to MP3 heaven...or hell! Thanks for the kind words Coda-Co!

Thanks very much Fish, been away for a while see you have something new down below I'll check it out. got a lot of catching up to do

Thanks guys!

Back