Lend you ears please - Need feedback regarding this rock mix :)

Sounds rather nice. Though the mix seems rather muddy in the lower frequencies, the guitars especially seem to be taking up a large portion of low frequencies.

Yessss! More songs called Icarus! :D

I agree with GH on the muddiness. Although, I'd blame the synths at the beginning more than the guitars. Once those drop out, things clean up decently. Bass doesn't have a lot of definition either, but it's probably alright.

Is there a kick drum? All I can hear of the percussion is that super-buried snare, the ride (which sounds OK I like my cymbals quiet), the toms, and that conga-y stuff at the beginning.

So there's some potential, but it's buried in a lot of mud.

I felt like it had a long intro? And then when I heard the vocals? I couldn't really hear them... Like you need to carve out the EQ What ever is doing the bottom end needs a notch to accommodate the vocals. And all of the tracks need a HPF and the panning needs to accommodate the vocals... I'm sorry, but I'm a singer? And I listen to songs, and the vocals... And I couldn't hear things clearly on this one.

I like your song? But your mix sucks... And when I say it sucks? I don't just mean it's bad? I'm talking "Debbie in Dallas..." It's bad. It could be so much better.

I thought this was really good ...a musical journey I did go on and I loved the vocal harmonies to your unique tone ...I enjoyed the ride.

Back