LBC Studios

Ten Cent Glamour - mix seems fine, big and in your face. Occasional pitch issues with the vocals, very minor.

Yeah, streaming files really ruin things. These mixes (demo 1 & 2) sound kind of muffled. Overly compressed. Not bad for this genre, overall. Keep it up.

yeah.. well we don't have pitch corrector.. we've worked with the anatares autotune 4 demo. i think it was the full thing but just for like 10 days..seemed kind of hard to use..im ashamed to say it but im a musician and i dont know what key the song is in.

and as far as muffled and stuff..its definitely the streaming, it sounds so much better on the Yorkville YSM1-P Monitors. ive been told the setup of the room can really affect how the final mix is. do you think the structure of the room could ruin some of our mixes? ex. our kick being real loud in the finishes song or something like that? hope not

thanks

Hey Starving Eyes...

Autotune is actually really simple... it may look overwhelming though. In the upper left you've got key and scale... for this genre you're most likely going to be only major and minor as your scale. (don't use chromatic) To find your key... if you can't do it musically... play the song... if it seems "sad" it's minor if it seems "happy" it's major.... sing along to it.. the note that feels most natural to end on is going to be your Tonic (I assume you'd end on tonic since most songs do)... or in this case your key. find that same note on a guitar or piano and you'll get the note. So you put in that key/scale and then you have to adjust "choosy" and uhh the other one next to it... I think it's "targeting".... adjust that so the autotune isn't obvious. Kind of work off of this.

The main thing is finding that key... your just gonna have to learn to do it. :P For me I just kind of know it but I've taken a lot of theory and have been doing music for 3/4 of my life.

Hope this helps.

For your mixes... they don't sound nearly as clear as the one done not by you on that page (for comparison)... I'd say vocals need to be louder and clearer and uhh like thicker. the rest sounds pretty good. keep it up.

Back