Last song I recorded in the old studio!

Nice stuff Scott!

"That's why you turn yourself into a whore..."

Nice. :) Let it all out bro.

Not sure if you're looking for critique or not based on the post, but I've got a couple comments anyway.

The highs seem a bit hyped to me. Lotta 2-4k coming out of the guitars too, especially the solo. Which of course makes sense since they are guitars and that's the range they speak in. But you might wanna try a cut in that range (2-3dB's @ 3kwith a Q of maybe 7?). If it's I'm totally going by ear, so you might wanna try sliding that down to 2k or up to 4k if it doesn't do the trick. Just a guess. I also offered a suggestion to someone else the other night, which was to do the EQ work brfore applying any other effects. You may or may not be doing this already, but I feel this is important. You can always make further micro-adjustments after the effects have a been applied.

My only other complaint, was that you have the ability to control your vocal pitch well, but sometimes you seemed to just let it go a little. Not a lot, a little. But enough to warrant a re-take. Try adjusting monitor levels? That helped me quite a bit.

Great song and it sounds like you mean it. Good stuff.

Tom

well i agree about the whole mix being a bit full on...i would like to see more seperation...some contrast rather than everything up there....also wouldnt it be better to fade out on the chorus??...but good performance in itself.

Realy good tune man. This one (and a few of your other tunes) I swear I hear some Queen/Beatles influence just done in a more distorted and more modern soundign context. Good stuff. It sounds like you recorded the guitar through a Marshall Lead 12 with a boost of some sort in front of it. Thats not a bad thing at all so dont think im tone bashing! That little single ten combo is pretty damn loud and has a really great tone. I know, I have one. The drums are Fruity im assuming? Overall really good. On this one I would try upping a couple db at about 500hz or so with a Q of about .8 just to give the guitars some throat. Hi hats are a bit out there so I would think about bringing those back just a bit and add some 300hz at .7Q on that snare. Youll be good to go methinks.

Oh and remember, compression is always a bit more effective at the master buss than limiting. Limiting kills dynamics IMHO, but compression adds punch without masking transients to me. Keep at it. I like.

the kid

Back