Last Minute Recording.... Need feedback....

kylosius

I Like Rusty Spoons
okay, i'm recording a friend of mine who's about to go out of town in 2 weeks. while he's out of town, he plans on trying to set up gigs for him to play at and get his music heard.

about the recording.....
it's rough, i'll admit. he did only one take on everything (aside from trying to get the levels). there's acoustic guitar, vocals, and bass. there's a few parts toward the end where the acoustic gets a little distorted.... don't know if it's because levels were too hot or he played harder than when we set the levels.

so this brings about my question, would this be a suitable track for a demo cd just to hand out? or should i try to get him to record again? any help, comments, and whatever else is appreciated.

the song is called Buried Alive
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2635&alid=-1

The sound is great for a Demo CD.

More importantly, is he happy with his own performance?

please oh please take out that high pitch.

acoustic greenday?

well recorded. i like the the tone of all three, if that was what you were goin for in the acoustic. it fits. seemed like there was a lot in the low register though for the bass.

Not a bad recording. Pretty creative arrangement. I like the left channel telephone vocals. Couple of things IMO. I would change that reverb effect to take out the high pitch hiss away from the guitar picking and general recording. It can make for a pretty unpleasent effect. And I also agree to take out some of that bass, I had to turn the bass all the way down on my reciever here and it was still rattling my room!

All in all, not bad! Keep it up :cool:

Back