Last Days

Hey, I have very slow net acess at home now so I'll get to listen to some of your guys' stuff sometimes too. Finally!

This song is from an 11 song live album I did in my studio in '97 with the same equipment I had for my album; except one thing was different. I used a pair of old 70's 3-way
loudspeakers as monitors back then.

If you want to see them and a little of the way my studio was back then, check-out: http://table.jps.net/~wntrhwk/grey/
That's Adrian Grey's site (the producer/singer/songwriter for the above album) just posing; the album had aready been recorded.

By the way:

Go to Album to see the pic. The picture's angle is from the control-room into the "open-section" of the iso-booth; which is rather large for an iso-booth. My live-room is my living room.

Dig it! The clarinet sound great. Somthing about this reminds me (a little) of some of smashing pumpknis really mellow stuff)

hey if you've got any Hand Merchants stuff that isn't on the CD- I'd love to hear it! I've been listening to the album pretty frequently while I'm making stuff for school. Some of those songs really stick in my head. It's like my happy feel good music you know. The rest of the stuff I usually listen too either makes me jump all around the room or is like a narcotic/ depressant (these things are very good too) But when the Hand Merchants come up on random I calm down, tap my foot and sing along.

-jhe

I like this stuff. Good song. Great placement of everything in the mix. For some reason I thought it was a female singer in the first couple lines. Nice warm mellow sound. Like the chord changes at the end, nice touch.

This is the first song of yours I've succesfully downloaded, usually time out!

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 04-06-2000).]

I really like this song, great production. The singer kina remids me of the BeeGees, he just needs some harmonies. :)

James HE:
The Hand Merchant's second album to be released by end of summer.

Glad you guys dug-it. Yeah, a clarinet. The player was a little of a pain to work with. While setting levels, he'd play with usual force. But everytime tape started to roll, he'd lay-back like a mouse. After talking to him and doing about five other level-settings and tape-rollings, I didn't care what it sounded like or what the levels were.

Great song and mix. Vocalist sounded like a cross between Barry Gibb and Peter Noonan which in my opinion was perfect for that song.

Back