Komodor Cabbage....work in progress

queepy

aka Variaxman
Last edited:
Awesome. I like the bass. Sounds great. I like the way the bass takes charge. Everything sounds good to me. Drums are a little roomy, but not too bad. The only thing I don't like stylistically is the lead. It's way too wanky 80's for my liking. Good playing though.

This is pretty good, nice driving tempo, noisy guitars... reminds me of early 90s Sup Pop grunge. Drums are tight - love the fills.
Put vocals on it!

This is pretty sweet. Kinda like Stooges meets Van Halen.

The bass sounds awesome; it's nice to hear it take the lead every now and then.

Only thing missing is some dirty vocals!

All good except the solo because it does sound, stylistically, out of place.
Cool bass.
Vocals will be great - I do hear Iggy singing some very dismissive and quite repetitive lyrics when listening.

Awesome. I like the bass. Sounds great. I like the way the bass takes charge. Everything sounds good to me. Drums are a little roomy, but not too bad. The only thing I don't like stylistically is the lead. It's way too wanky 80's for my liking. Good playing though.
Thanks Greg, Im pretty happy with the bass sound....funny, when I havent played in a while, my guitar playing/solos seem to be really wanky /cheesy....I will be redoing it , probably with something besides my strat which always brings out the wanker in me :o

fat_fleet:This is pretty good, nice driving tempo, noisy guitars... reminds me of early 90s Sup Pop grunge. Drums are tight - love the fills.
Put vocals on it!

Thanks , working on lyrics now,hope to record vocals this week, thanks for the listen!

SloppyJo: This is pretty sweet. Kinda like Stooges meets Van Halen.
The bass sounds awesome; it's nice to hear it take the lead every now and then.
Only thing missing is some dirty vocals!

Ha thanks SloppyJo, would love to see Iggy sing a VH tune!! Got some really stoopid lyrics in the works!

rayc: All good except the solo because it does sound, stylistically, out of place.
Cool bass.
Vocals will be great - I do hear Iggy singing some very dismissive and quite repetitive lyrics when listening.

Thanks Ray, I have a feeling that there may be no lead guitar at all when Im done! Thanks for listening

Huge amounts of energy in this, bud. I've got no nits on the mix either -- but a distorted vocal would work really well.

Kev-

Nice. The bass kicks ass on this. The drums sound pretty good too. I like the kinda trashy cymbal sound you got. Tons of good energy.

The solo is really well performed and I actually think it fits pretty well, just a little too slick sounding for my tastes.

I agree with K-dub that a distorted vocal track may be in order. I can hear someone practically screaming over this.

Huge amounts of energy in this, bud. I've got no nits on the mix either -- but a distorted vocal would work really well.

Kev-

Hey Kev, funny, just got done laying down a vocal track and was totally goin for that distorted vocal vibe! Will post a new link at the end of the thread, thanks for chacking it out!

heatmiser:
Nice. The bass kicks ass on this. The drums sound pretty good too. I like the kinda trashy cymbal sound you got. Tons of good energy.

The solo is really well performed and I actually think it fits pretty well, just a little too slick sounding for my tastes.
I agree with K-dub that a distorted vocal track may be in order. I can hear someone practically screaming over this.

Thanks alot HM, funny bout that solo, it was my 2nd attempt and I broke a string at the end which kinda sounds like a explosion, so , besides being to lazy to change the string, I just kept it as I kinda dug the string breaking thing:laughings:....1st attempt at vocals coming up>>

RAYC was kind enough to provide me with some lyrics that I think fit perfectly for this song, so heres my 1st attempt at vocals on this.....going for a Iggy/ALice Cooper/Bowie/Ian Anderson/Elton John/ kinda vibe:drunk:
Streaming link:
MP3 Player SoundClick

this is pretty cool man!!! like it waaaay better with the vocals on it. :D

Wow that came together quick!
The vocals sound great but I kinda wanna hear em coming up the center, that might be a personal thing...

You're welcome Queeps - your voice is becoming a much better instrument of late.
the vocal style was nagging me & finally it realized it's a cross between Iggy on Joahanna & Richard Hell on something from the Voidoids Blank Generation - probably Another World or the title track. Now I can sleep!

Last edited:
Wow that came together quick!
The vocals sound great but I kinda wanna hear em coming up the center, that might be a personal thing...

Yeah, I did use a stereo widener plug on the vocals, will try it more center....thanks for feedback!

You're welcome Queeps - your voice is becoming a much better instrument of late.
the vocal style was nagging me & finally it realized it's a cross between Iggy on Joahanna & Richard Hell on something from the Voidoids Blank Generation - probably Another World or the title track. Now I can sleep!

Love Blank Generation! Consider myself lucky to grow up in Detroit area in 70's....lotsa great Iggy/Stooges, Alice Cooper etc on radio all the time....kinda ingrained in the brain!

Now there's a vocal he guitar solo has a reference point with Robert Quine and sits a lot better to my ears UNLESS you really want to go completely off the wall a la Love Comes In Spurts!

Back