Just A Question (No Songs Attached)

Knopfler Fan

Is it me or does it seem like there is an under-representation of rap music?

Where are the rap artists?

I would love to hear some homegrown rap music.

KF

they are in the DJ/Hiphop forum above this clinic. I seriously doubt people here care much about rap. I do, however, welcome whatever music tho.

AL

For some reason many of those guys feel like the rest of the board doesn't respect them, so they post mixes in the hip hop forum.

Oddly enough, it's not because they were actually disrespected. I'm generalizing here, but I think they kind of like it...an image thing :) haha

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks Slack, I didn't even noticed that there was a "Hip Hop" forum. Please excuse my ignorance.

Hey theron, have you listened to my last 2 posts? I'm the least likely person to do a rap song! :p

But then again, if Randy Newman did one, anything is possible!!!:D

KF

Slack:

I'm gonna get flamed here, but, correct me if I am wrong...

Personally, I think it's a chain reaction. one guy comes in here with rap, not much/many feeback except "not my style, but decent, I suppose...no mic was involved tho, except vocal..." So, the rappers go away
After all the process of "filtering" here, no rappers or techno musicians post here anymore. Everyone is influenced by everyone here(minus techno/rap), and the trend gets stuck in the same place.
I do agree with the image thing tho. Rappers become minority, and Dj/rap forum goes underground, which is usually cool to them anyways.

Although I have seen a few non-guitar-related-music success here, they were mostly done by the already-known-rockstars in this clinic. "Great stuff, good to see a variety from you" some might say, while their stuff are halfass techno/hiphop. I am not trying to insult any artist here, I, too like to see a variety from dif people, but the general crowd is pretty close-minded or have narrow taste in music. This is not just my opinion cuz I have actually read some trashtalk about rap/dj here awhile ago.

Conclusion, they were dissed.

boy, have I had a long day or what...

AL

Back