imperial modesty

im listening on crap pc speakers so i wont comment on overall sound

the intro is wacky but cool, when then song kicks of it gets real gud, the muted guitars are nice and heavy drums are keyed in/played very well, best part IMO is from around 4:10 onwards i like heavy stuff slow like sleep

its a real long piece with lots going on and excelent changes, nicely done, :)

yesterday i shredded my left hand down to the bone, got 7 stitches.

so i've been drinkin' all day and don't give a shit.

i'm shamelessly bumpin' this mofo.

pity party for me, bitches!

at worst, i'll still get no feedback and maybe some red chiclets (but that would just be cold of you).

at best i'll get a few responses that'll stroke my ego. c'mon guys!

i just realized that since "stitches" and "bitches" rhyme, this could be a set of lyrics right here...not good ones though...

That's some really good playing. The guitars all sound good and are balanced well, nice low end. The drums have a very cool sound, kind of british and roomy. I like that. The overall sound reminds me of a modern Mike Oldfield meets old school Sabbath?! The hat may be a little loud for my taste but other than that very cool.

yeah, i agree the hihat is too loud. unfortunately i'm trying to conserve memory on my 12-track so i tinker constantly with the stereo submix (8 mics into the mixer) and am stuck with the drum mix once it's tracked. it's a constant battle, and i think in the future i'll use the mixer for everything except the kick and snare so i can at least manipulate those tracks individually. of course, that wouldn't have helped with the hat anyway...
thanks for the input, my ego has indeed been stroked!:D

Back