I'm Drunk But What I Say Is True

Just a quick thank-you to those who responded:

Qwerty: Thanks for the listen - there's that danged Waits reference again.:D

CyanJaguar: The wildcard king.:) Thanks for the words. But I'm disappointed I didn't get the patented "wildcard rating" - especially because I still have no idea what "wildcard" means.:D

Khompy:
"You're supposed to be strung out on heroin and scrapping coins together in NOLA! heh!..."

Hey, you been going through my scrapbooks from the 90s...?

Thanks for listening, man. I'm afraid I'm not headed back to the "broke on dope" days, but I got plenty of songs from then to last me awhile.:D

Phil & DrummChris: Thanks guys. Comments appreciated.

I did a little more de-essing, and unless a string section or a horn player appears wanting to work for free, I think I'm gonna put this one in the "done" file.

At least until next month when I find all sorts of things wrong and re-mix it...

Thanks all,
Chris

Hey Kid:

Technics Digital Piano, Fender Bass, some stitched-together drum loops, an ADK Condenser Mic on Vox, all run through an ART Tube amp into a Boss BR-532, then dumped into Cool Edit Pro.

Some Timeworks reverb, some Waves EQ, a little compression on the vox - that's about the whole story!

Chris

I've been living under a rock for the last year, so I didn't notice this :D Great, great, great. Your voice is fantastic. Good stuff

You've created a fabulous track - good writing & performance & production - I feel ashamed of my own efforts by comparison. You have done wonders with very inexpensive gear.

My hat's off to you!

Just wanted to say thanks to lumago & Canopus for their nice words. I appreciate it guys - thanks!

Chris

Back