"I'll Be Back"

Hi Seafroggys,
I like the mix. The guitar on the right could be a bit brighter maybe? I like all the drum sounds. The 'breakthrough' around 1:37 really works, it takes off. That to me means that the instruments work well together. The organ seems like 1 loooong note from time to time though. Is there a piano buried somewhere under there? Or another organ? 2:10-2:13, I can't make it out but it seems to be there. That's a bad idea, either ditch it or bring it up. I think the biggest problem with the song is the vocals. They're... really not that good. And there's too much echo on them.

Hi Seafroggys,
I like the mix. The guitar on the right could be a bit brighter maybe?

I thought the opposite. I put a low-pass filter on it because I thought it stuck out too much.

The organ seems like 1 loooong note from time to time though. Is there a piano buried somewhere under there? Or another organ? 2:10-2:13, I can't make it out but it seems to be there. That's a bad idea, either ditch it or bring it up.

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not hearing anything, nor did I put anything else in there. The only part that was added was a tambourine.

I think the biggest problem with the song is the vocals. They're... really not that good. And there's too much echo on them.

I can't sing, so this cannot change.

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, the clarity is fine on this one. I like the sound of the drums and the performance is good too.

I think I hear what he's talking about from 2:10-2:13...it sounds like, in addition to the swirling organ sound throughout the song, there are a few notes played on a different keyboard or something. Very subtle and apparently just an auditory hallucination since you added nothing there. The last tambourine hit in that section sounds like it got cut prematurely and left a sort of odd percussive sound...

The vocals are rough pitch-wise which stands out a bit more given the daunting task of singing a lennon/mccartney number, but my vocals tend to be pitchy too and we make do with what we have...:)

You have some great choices of covers...flying, blue jay way, etc.

Back