I need advice for 1st demo please!!

For a start, it sounds almost completely mono. Get some panning going on to widen it out and give some seperation between the voices.

Vocals are a bit out front, and fighting with one another. Spread them out and bury them down a bit.

On the other hand, the drums are a bit too buried at the moment. Level of the cymbals is probably ok, but the snare especially needs to punch through a bit more.

Keys are fighting with everything else, and are very dry. Again, its a matter of seperation and space in the mix.

I think Matts hit all the right spots n his critique

you've got to look at mixing in 3D...reverb, delay = depth, EQ = height, panning = width

then distribute everything in its own space in in front of you...just remember that hard panning is best left to electronica, unless is a double tracked guitar or a call back vocal...and that the kick and bass are best left bang in the middle

I think Matts hit all the right spots n his critique

you've got to look at mixing in 3D...reverb, delay = depth, EQ = height, panning = width

then distribute everything in its own space in in front of you...just remember that hard panning is best left to electronica, unless is a double tracked guitar or a call back vocal...and that the kick and bass are best left bang in the middle

Yeah I see what you mean. Problem is, I dont understand how all of it works together yet. Of course, I have been doing this for about 3 months now so I have plenty to learn. Ordered a book and going to take a course here at a local school on mixing. Much more to this than I first thought. Its fun and I love it! Thanks for the advice.

Back