Hey there!!! ...I'm back!!! ...missed you guys!

Sjonesmusic

Hey guys!

I registered a LONG time ago, and lost the link....so I guess I'll be starting from scratch....

A bit more about myself:

I'm 37 years old...My life itself has taken some crazy turns (losing my first wife to cancer, back in 1997), and now I am re-married with a 1 year old daughter....life could not be better!

I'm really fortunate...as I said in the beginning, music (playing, writing, recording, arranging) is all I do for a living...

My main musical styles are fusion, jazz, prog, blues...but I play just about everything, not to limit myself...

My influences are very diverse, but fusion being the main thing:
Scott Henderson, Mike Landau, Pat Metheny being the main ones...

I taught guitar and theory privately for 4 years from 1992-1996, going to students homes...had to streamline my schedule so I don't do it on a regular basis anymore...

Last year, I was very fortunate to have my CD released on Allan Holdsworth's label, Gnarly Geezer Records...

From that release, I received some great feedback from Steve Vai, Brett Garsed, Derryl Gabel, Shane Theriot, Greg Koch, Rusty Cooley...

This year, I have switched labels to Progressive Arts Music, and have re-released the C.D.

For this re-release, I went back into the studio and wrote 3 bonus tracks, and beefed up the guitar parts and the overall mix, making it a much better disc...(I also enhanced the C.D. with about 80 minutes of bonus mp3s in CD-ROM format, and 3 live video clips)

I was very fortunate to have released this new version only a couple of weeks ago to some very encouraging reviews... (CLICK HERE TO VIEW)

Here are some clips of my playing and writing, if anyone's interested:

From my C.D.

Give It Time-Sjones © 2002-FUSION

Convergence-Sjones © 2002-FUSION (I'm playing drums on this one, as well as guitar, the bass is sequenced)

Other UN-released stuff:

Sjones-Skunk Funk Jam FUSION

Sjones-In a Dream © 1993/2003 Scott Jones PROG INSTRUMENTAL ROCK

Sjones-blues with wah-2-2003 BLUES

Sjones-Sitar solo McLaughlin/Shakti-like JAM

Sjones-Shred Ballad Jam#1 G-3 ish INSTRUMENTAL ROCK

Sjones-slow blues BLUES

Sjones-WAVE-2001 JOE PASS STYLE SOLO JAZZ GUITAR

SJones-country tune BRENT MASON/ALBERT LEE STYLE COUNTRY

Sjones-Shred Ballad Jam #2 G-3 ish INSTRUMENTAL ROCK

Sjones-GIANT STEPS-AUG 2003 CLEAN JAZZ SOLOING...COLTRANE'S TUNE

Sjones-COUNTDOWN CLEAN JAZZ SOLOING...COLTRANE'S TUNE

Sjones-VIBEY-solo-GUITAR HENDRIX/LANDAU SOLO ROCK GUITAR

Sjones-On the Way Down ©2002 MODERN ROCK

Sjones-modern piece for nylon string © 2003 Scott Jones MODERN PIECE

Sjones-smooth jazz jam CLEAN FUSION

Anyway, life's been a challenge, but I am so grateful to be here, and playing music, sharing it with people....I am truly blessed...

Hopefully, I can contribute to this forum in some way...

Peace,

Scott Jones

--------------------------------------------

My Fusion C.D. on Progressive Arts

Edited Clips from my fusion CD

C.D. Reviews and Support

C.D. Reviewed at seaoftranquility.org

C.D. Reviewed at proGGnosis.com

C.D. reviewed at guitarmania.ca

Hey there...........

I listened to the slow blues clip.
Then I listened to Convergence............
My only real question is why bother to post here?
Don't get me wrong I'm sure you can contribute reams on valuable info to the home reccers.
But, realistically a guy in your position is probably way too busy to contribute around here.
Anyway you are an accomplished technician on the guitar and all together too intimidating IMO:D

Re: Hey there...........

HevyD47Ca said:
I listened to the slow blues clip.
Then I listened to Convergence............
My only real question is why bother to post here?
Don't get me wrong I'm sure you can contribute reams on valuable info to the home reccers.
But, realistically a guy in your position is probably way too busy to contribute around here.
Anyway you are an accomplished technician on the guitar and all together too intimidating IMO:D

Hey bro!!

Thanks for the kind words...

Just because I enjoy a reasonable success playing music, doesn't mean that have no time to hang with fellow players....

On the contrary, I thrive on interaction with players from all over the globe!

Anyway, I am really busy lately, and maybe my input won't be as high for a few weeks, but, in the long run, I look forward to hanging out...!

Peace,

Scott

Back