Here I am

spiderhead30

Well, I am definitely a n00b on this forum, and Id just kind of like to present what Im starting with here...
I am an aspiring musician, and ANY feedback on what styles you think I could excel better in, or any feedback at all on some of my tunes would be awesome. Im looking to take some stuff to the next level, I know I can feel my own potential, but not everything can bve taken from my own opinion.

http://www.myspace.com/alanlowe give it a listen if you have a chance, all three tunes are originals, I don't really play many covers.

Spider.....I liked the tunes but, you might want to back up off of the vocal effect a bit, seems to distract and take away your voice. Bring the vocal up front and don't be mic shy. Otherwise.....I like your writing and your songs....keep up the good work!

Hold Your Breath
Yeah, the vox effects are pretty heavily laid on.
Need more work on the guitars - everything seems to have the same effect on it & it's all very mid & bottom end based no tops to give defintion or clarity.
The lyrics are good. The melody needs some variation. The guitar playng seems OK but could do with some dynamics.

Good stuff spider. I agree with the others about not hammering the vox FX too much, or at least in a similar way each time.

And although your tunes are cool, they do all sound a bit the same-ish. If you want to go further, I'd say try to work on the music for a while -- forgetting about lyrics. I have the same problem: focus on the words and then just strum along. You end up with a lyric, but not a complete song. Well not one that's really likeable, or catchy.

As it is, this kind of stuff is good for having on while you're chomping salad and freshly baked bread over red wine. Which I'm happy to do any time. So that's cool too.

Have fun.
aspiring

hahaha. that last one was good. thank you for the advice. you said it exactly too, i get stuck ont he lyrics and just lay some music down...right on, thank you.

Back