Helping out a friend/trying to do something Erlandesque

I like this one almost as much as your recent excursion into ambience. I'd'a mixed his voice a decibel higher. I'd'a put 2 or 3 dbs of 12K highshelf on the vocal. Oh, I'd'a done it all very different, to be sure.

But I wouldn't have got a better result. This is lovely. Tell your friend. Then boost that vocal 1.0 LOL.

It's cool how words like 'harmony' and 'energy' are the same in English and Dutch.

What's that shuffling around noise at the end of the track?

This is one of the best ones this year in the clinic. Erland's good, but this one's better. YMMV

dobro said:
What's that shuffling around noise at the end of the track?

This is one of the best ones this year in the clinic. Erland's good, but this one's better. YMMV

It is shuffling around noise. :) The singer was reaching for his beer or walking towards me, I don't remember. It felt appropriate to leave it as it was. An honest display of the nature of the evening. Or something like that.

Thanks a lot, Dooberoonie!

So what brand of beer was he reaching for? Isn't Heineken's birthday coming up this month?

Framus - back in the 60s I worked in a music store. We sold Framus acoustic guitars - I remember them as being extremely heavy with excellent necks. Where were they made?

Anyway - if you could get your upright back you might want to record this with the upright. The sustain wouldn't be as long, right? Might solve the low-end issue and the color would be just right. And then when you're done tracking, load the upright into your Manta and drive on down here to lay some tracks!!

Oh yeah, bring some Grolsch, too. I'll get some Guiness.
~Milan

I love real bass :) cool stuff. Everything I can think of about the mix has been said. Nice tune, enjoyed that.

Ian.........

MC Gitarz said:
Framus - back in the 60s I worked in a music store. We sold Framus acoustic guitars - I remember them as being extremely heavy with excellent necks. Where were they made?

Duh, GERMANY! :D

We were drinking Alfa Pilsner. It's better than Grolsch, and way much better than Heineken (which is awful beer, if you ask me)

Very nice arrangement, song and production. I can't add anything apart from congratulations, and I mean them sincerely. This is really lovely.

Q.

Back