heavier industrial song in progress

Hi, I'd raise the drums and lower the vocals.
Sounds pretty cool.

I'd go with a different tempoed section instead of the solo but that's just me. :)

Cool start man...I'd definitely raise the drums. You might need to readjust all the levels, but this sounds like a drum-driven tune. You'd need to keep the guitars way up also, for me at least... :D Nothing really strikes me as wrong, just some tweaking.

thanks guys, ill get on that today at some point after work.. i knew the levels would be weird i've never been any good at anything without sleep.

thanks again

gary

Updated the song with your suggestions in mind, same link as above. Thanks for the help guys.

take care
gary

dogman thanks a ton for the second listen dude

hey ericlingus yeah cause it was night I just used this amplitube dxi plug in. i recorded an amp to try and gain some more natural high end the next day but it's mixed so low im not sure its even audible.

thanks alot for listening man

take care
gary

Haha, I was just reading the first posts about the drums and vox adjustments and thinking "they sound great" but then I read you adjusted them. SOunds good to me now.
Heavy heavy heavy and thick guitar sound :D Got this thing cranked up on my home stereo and good full sound... the drums sound great too.
Sounds like that guitar solos could use more volume, and I could hear some thick spooky sounding harmonies on the first one sounding good there.
Cool stuff, good mix by my ears :D

Man, this sounds really cool! Maybe this version if fixed, but sounds big label-ish.

Hey how to you get those howling/phasing/winds guitar sound in the back? Also what setting is that on Amplitube for the main guitar?

Good vox, too! Cool solo. Fits well.

Sound like Drain STH, if you make it a touch heavier.

thanks snake, yeah it was updated before you got to it and i assure you it was a mess to begin with lol

ericlingus yeah that was my mistake just im using sonar which is all dx plugs and i wasn't sure if there was any difference between the vst and dx verions of amplitube.

bigbubba thanks a ton for listening and commenting. The howling guitarish sounding thing is sampled sound that I messed with and looped in the background. The amplitube setting is just something I found (on here i think) and tweaked a bit. I can send it if you want to mess with it, I have personally had pretty varied results with it.

take care, thanks again for the comments and help guys

gary

gbav said:
bigbubba thanks a ton for listening and commenting. The howling guitarish sounding thing is sampled sound that I messed with and looped in the background.

I was thinking that my guitars just never sound like that no matter how much reverb, delay, chorusing, phasing I put on them and no matter how much I process them. One day I will try to figure that part out.

gbav said:
The amplitube setting is just something I found (on here i think) and tweaked a bit. I can send it if you want to mess with it, I have personally had pretty varied results with it.
I would definitely like to have the preset and to mess with it. :)

Cool tune - drums are kickin', guitars wailing and vocals grungy.

Just the way we like it......

Good fade out on the end...

Mix is real good - maybe up the lead guitar a tiny bit..... but overall great!

:D :D :D

yvesa said:
Hi, I'd raise the drums and lower the vocals.
Sounds pretty cool.

I'd go with a different tempoed section instead of the solo but that's just me. :)
:confused: The drums are already too stand out'ish why on earth would you turn them up?!? I am listening of shitty laptop speakers, but still...

I dig the first half of the solo. Second half just sounds like it needs more thought and development. I often have the same problem myself.

The vox are driving me nuts. Not because they are bad, but because they totally remind me of some old Calgary band or something, but I can't figure out who.

idol thanks so much for listening and commenting. Agree on the lead guitar part.

Fade thanks for listening man ill keep those comments in mind when finishing this up.

I think I mix the leads so low cause to be hoenst im a pretty god awful lead guitarist. If anyone wanted to try one id gladly give them credit or however that works.

take care
gary

I LOVE the artist title.
I LOVE the howling thing. KEEP it USE it, signature sound stuff - Trent Reznor would love it.
The ONLY downer is the drum roll @ 1.28 - doesn't come off I'm afraid.
I like the snare sound mind - not exactly what I'd have expected for the genre but I also LOVE genre busting.
Oh, forgot - it's rather BBBLLLOOOOODYDYDYDYDYDY Loud isn't it!

Last edited:
rayC thanks alot, I agree on the drumroll ill go back and edit that when I get time to finish this. Thanks so much for the help and comments

yvesa thanks a ton for the second listen

Back